NextChapterReady
Super October 2019

Help! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn!

NextChapterReady, on June 13, 2019 at 10:15 AM Posted in Planning 0 27
Saved Save

Okay ladies, I REALLY need some opinions on this. I ordered a trial bouquet and I think they got super close to my inspiration picture. HOWEVER, I do think the flowers in indoor lighting look too dark (like almost black). I called the florist and asked them if we could go a little lighter and she clearly didn't want to, saying any lighter will look pink outside.

She then asked me if I took the picture inside, and I said yes. She said, well that's the problem! Outside with natural light they'll look more red. I said, yes, ... but ... they're my bouquet and I'm getting married in a church, which is inside and doesn't have a lot of natural light ... She sent me the picture of the two other options I can go with. (I am only using the florist for Ceremony Flowers--not reception)

I also called my photographer and told them my situation. They basically said, if it's too dark, they can lighten it. If it looks a little pink with the flash, they can darken the red. So they said not to pick based on photos.

A part of me does think they matched the picture really well, but when you look at the picture of me holding it, it's not at all how I imagined the color looking. Can I please get your opinions?

Also, the trial bouquet was $200 and to see the different brighter red (just the flowers not in a bouquet) would be $50 and I just can't justify spending that right now!

Inspiration PhotoHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 1

Trial BouquetHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 2

Trial Bouquet with lots of natural lightHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 3

Bridesmaid bouquet inspirationHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 4

Bridesmaid DressHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 5Up Close of Trial Bouquet Help! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 6

Flower Choices (they used the Red Paris)Help! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 7

27 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I actually think it looks like your inspo pic! I'd keep it as is.
  • ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    I think they look totally fine color wise, and the other colors look like the roses will be much smaller.
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·

Is there anyway you can visit the church you will be getting married in to see how they look there? Personally, I do think the color is very similar to your inspo pick. But I can see how they look a bit darker in the pic of you holding them. It's gotta be the lighting. I'd be afraid to go lighter, only because the description of "cherry red" and "Vivid red" doesn't sound like they would look as good with the color of your bridesmaid dresses. I think a darker red is best, but needs to be seen in different lighting. Remember, the lighting of your inspo pic is different too. I think it's comforting knowing that your photographer is aware of your dilemma and can lighten the color, if needed.

• Sarah
    Devoted June 2020
    Sarah ·
    I agree. I think the color matching is very close. Remember the inspiration picture could have been edited as well to make them pop more - which is exactly what your photographer said she would do.
  • NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Do you think from the pic where I'm holding it, it looks the same? Because that's where I feel they look super dark and off color

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

The roses will be less full if I went with Corazon, I think that is right, which is one of the reasons that gives me pause to switch to them.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

I go to this church often (you have to be a member of the congregation to get married in the catholic church). This is a large cathedral with stained glass windows and little natural light. I wouldn't go with the vivid red because that does look fushia to me. I am considering the Corazon cherry red, just because of how dark the church is. My whole concern is these flowers will be at the altar, in the bridesmaid and my bouquets and they will literally be basically only in the church and right outside the church. So if they look super dark and not red in indoor lighting ... then ... that's basically it. That's how they will look for everything. :/

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

I think in bright natural sunlight they look spot on. I am not worried about photos, I want to like how they look in person since they'll be in a stained glass window cathedral :/

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·

I wouldn't spend the extra to see the flowers I would just pick one of the brighter ones if you really truly feel they are too dark. I agree they are very dark in that lighting. I would choose the fortune standard roses.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, I don't have that money so I am for sure not doing that! I will be in a stained glass window cathedral and I really want to love how they look in person! I have been reassured that photos are not an issues, so for me, the call has to be on the in person look and I wish I could see the other ones too! haha

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·

I think it matches your inspo very well! I also don't think the flowers are too dark inside. Maybe see if you can visit the church and wear something similar in color to what you will be wearing the day of so you can kind of see it better.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

The flowers have already wilted, so I can't take them with me, however, I was wearing a white shirt in the picture and I know the church is pretty dark (only stained glass windows), so I think the one of me holding them is pretty close to how it will look day of in terms of lighting and contrast!

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·

Here are some pictures of the church!

Church LightingHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 8Church LightingHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 9Church LightingHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 10Church LightingHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 11Church LightingHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 12Church LightingHelp! Flower Opinion, I'm So Torn! 13

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

Sorry, I think if you are that torn you might just have to pay the $50 to see what it'd look like with the other flowers. Sometimes the peace of mind is worth the cost.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, My FH would go crazy-he was upset i ordered the trial bouquet! Ugh, I wish they could just show me lol

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

That does stink that they won't show you. That is a lot of money for a trial, and they should be willing to work with you to make it just write. Sounds like you don't have a very nice florist.

• Anna
    Devoted August 2020
    Anna ·

I think this looks great. I prefer your florals to the inspo pic but they are VERY close. The inspo picture is edited- it's likely identical to yours in real life (colour wise). I think it's gorgeous and I wouldn't change a thing.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks for the support, I'm a little frustrated with them as well. I feel like I've spent a ton of money and I would like to be able to see what I'm paying for

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah I would say the inspo is edited as well. But with a photographer that can edit any way I want, I think the most important thing is to like how they look in real life, which is what i'm trying to figure out--would they look too bright to go Corazon? I'm just dissatisfied with the super dark look in person :/

• Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    I think your home is darker than the church by a lot! Also photographers are really good editing. I think it's spot on and the photographer can fix it if it's really too dark.

Comment on this discussion