Future Mrs. Lowder
Dedicated December 2020

Help finding this ring?

Future Mrs. Lowder, on August 18, 2020 at 9:04 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved
Hey y’all..
I have a picture attached below..
FH has had his eye on this ring for a very long time so obviously I would love to get it for him. Problem being that the ring he wants is the one with black zirconium, which means start price is over $400. Normally this would be fine if he was wearing the ring everyday, but with him being a welder he will be wearing a rubber ring as his daily ring.. so I’d rather not spend that much for it to sit there not being worn. I’m trying to decide if I should just get the cheapest option of the ring or if I should get another ring? Anyone know of anywhere I can get this ring for a bit cheaper?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Jana, on August 20, 2020 at 1:49 PM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I don't see the picture, I don't think the picture successfully attached?

I suggest checking with a jeweler, they may be able to help find the ring you want, or they may have one that is similar, though with a different metal, for cheaper.
  • Future Mrs. Lowder
    Dedicated December 2020
    Future Mrs. Lowder ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Help finding this ring? 1
    My apologies. Here it is
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    That is a really cool ring! Very unique. I would suggest reaching out to the company that sells it to ask if they have any similar rings that may be cheaper (maybe same design, different material?). Otherwise, determine the final price for the exact ring he wants. If it's in budget, I say go for it! Even if it isn't worn every day, he'll likely wear it out on date nights or at times that he isn't at work. If it's not in budget, check with local jewelers to see if they can find something similar for cheaper.
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

If you have the "google" app on your phone, use the "picture taker" option for searching by taking a picture of the ring and google will search for all items similar. I use this whenever I'm searching for something and it always works.

• Sarah
    Savvy October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Try Etsy! 💙
  • R
    Super September 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    That’s a very unique ring! I think you may have a hard time finding something similar. Could you finance the ring? Some jewelers will let you pay off the balance over a certain period of time. If you sat down with your FH and explained your budget, do you think he’d be willing to cover the difference? Is there somewhere else in your wedding budget that you can cut cost to free up some money for the ring? If he really has his heart set on that ring and you get him something different he might wear the ring even less if it’s not to his taste.
  • Aimee
    Super July 2021
  • Jessica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    That company definitely makes unique rings so I’m not sure you will find something similar. Even having that custom made will be difficult because the materials are things jewelers don’t usually work with so it will be expensive. I agree with the financing suggestion! Men don’t get much jewelry to be excited about in their lifetime and in the scheme of things $400 isn’t too pricey considering what is usually spent on an engagement ring.
  • Aimee
    Super July 2021
    Aimee ·
    • Flag
    Help finding this ring? 2
    This one is also very nice with a reasonable price point.
  • Jessica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow! I stand corrected. That’s a much better price Smiley laugh Good find!!
  • Future Mrs. Lowder
    Dedicated December 2020
    Future Mrs. Lowder ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Renay
    Devoted April 2020
    Renay ·
    • Flag

Check out etsy. I have seen similar ones on there!

• Molly
    VIP September 2020
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Etsy is a great place to look. And it looks like you have several options above. However, I would just buy him the one he really wants. $400 really is not a bad price for a men's wedding band, it is his "dream" ring, and he is probably spending much more on yours.

• Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Totally agree with this. Get him the ring he really wants!! It doesn't matter that he won't be able to wear it a lot. My FH is in the same boat. Anyone who works a manual/general/automotive labor type of job is. It doesn't mean they shouldn't get to have the ring they want! $400 is not a bad price, even if that's the starting price. He will be your husband. This is forever. He won't always work a job that prevents him from wearing his nice ring all the time. Go for it!!! It's money well spent!

• Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag

There are lots of great options out there that are less expensive, which is great. I get that you don't want to spend the money for something that's going to sit there, but, my opinion is if he really wants a certain one figure out if it's truly in your budget now to get it for him. If not, maybe you can get him the one on Etsy that's much cheaper and consider getting him the original one he wanted as an anniversary gift a few years from now.

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    $400 is reasonable in the grand scheme. Etsy is an option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics