Jazmine
Just Said Yes December 2022

Head count suggestions

Jazmine, on February 24, 2020 at 6:02 PM Posted in Planning 1 43
Saved
Any suggestions on how should invite people? Should i create an event page on Facebook to keep track of head count?

43 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on February 28, 2020 at 3:35 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

You should send invitations and have people RSVP.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Do as pp said. You can even send email invitations for rsvp online if you want
  • Emily
    Dedicated October 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Get invites sent out and have people rsvp online. Wedding wire has a tool for that where you can keep track of the guest book.

• Jazmine
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks!!! But if that doesn’t work? Should i consider the Facebook as a back up?
  • Rachael
    Expert May 2021
    Rachael ·
    • Flag

I think facebook is a little too informal for a wedding unless you're doing a backyard type wedding

• Emily
    Dedicated October 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Having a back up is a good plan so that way the guests can RSVP to you through there as well. Covers all bases.

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    I’ve never seen a Facebook event get an accurate headcount. People don’t rsvp or don’t even log on enough to see the event, or say “maybe” attending, or, they can change their response easily if they change their mind. Much harder to get people to commit and enforce a deadline. It’s just not a great system for any event where you actually need a solid head count in advance of the event.
  • Jazmine
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah true.... I’m just trying to make sure i cover all bases with getting the right head count
  • Jazmine
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ll do that.
  • Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We are sending traditional invitations with RSVP cards and return envelopes. We will add postage to the return envelope out of courtesy for our guests. Our website will not have an RSVP option.
  • Jazmine
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Lisa!!
  • Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    Excel sheet. Name, address, and column for STD sent, invitation sent, RSVP response, and thank you note sent. As you complete each task for each guests check it off.
  • Jade
    Expert November 2021
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    We are doing RSVPs through a website, so hopefully that automatically tracks it correctly. I’ll also have an excel sheet as a backup just in case. I wouldn’t do it on fb just because it’s very informal and I’m just picturing a ton of issues. However, I did have a friend make a private fb page with the people that did not rsvp and she basically reminded everyone to send in their RSVP cards ASAP so they could do a head count Instead of individually reaching out to people. It helped me realize that my invite got lost in the mail!
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    Send invitations and have your guests RSVP. If by your RSVP deadline you are missing some, you reach out to those guests individually. A Facebook invite or group is very informal and a little tacky for a wedding.
  • Dedicated June 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    You can do that here on your page. It is very easy. I just made a list with 1st Brides Family
    2nd Brides Maid of honor
    3rd. Brides Bridesmaid's 4th Brides Mother5th Brides Father6th Brides Flower Girls 7th Brides FriendsThen when you set it up you just add everyone.And do the same on the Grooms side.Then you will have a list and you can share with family and friends.
  • KaiJan33
    Dedicated July 2021
    KaiJan33 ·
    • Flag
    I'm using anrsvp.com as an online RSVP. It's working great and can send text messages to remind people to RSVP. Might be worth looking into. You can also have multiple events and add polling questions (such as entree, etc.)
  • Pia
    Super May 2021
    Pia ·
    • Flag

I have a paid page with the KNOT and it helps with that. I also sent out my Save The Date via Evite and I periodically send out messages to keep everyone engaged until we release our wedding website. I am ole school and believe that a wedding is an event that warrants a formal invitation and not evite or paperless post sort of thing, even if it is not on very expensive paper. Just my opinion,

• Terri
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Terri ·
    • Flag
    What I am doing is providing a phone number and email address as well as an insert with a barcode they can scan with their cellphone and it will take them to the online rsvp. If I dont hear from them by a certain date, I will follow up with a call.
  • Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re welcome. When the rsvp cards are returned I’ll log them in my spreadsheet that will automatically tally the “attending” and “not attending”.
  • Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No, you should contact people who don't RSVP by the deadline individually and ask them if they plan on attending.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics