Concetta
Expert March 2020

Has your bridal party complained about how early to be ready?

Concetta, on September 3, 2019 at 4:07 PM Posted in Planning 0 34
Saved Save
We will be having a first look prior to our ceremony. The first look will be at the hotel lobby than we will head over to a nice garden to take photos and than go to our venue... a few bridesmaids have complained or made comments about this.. I just wanted to know if anyone else has come across this and how did you handle? do you just brush it off?

34 Comments

• Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta

I apologize, if they are doing hair and make up alone they would have to be at my hotel between 11-11:30 am just incase anyone wants to know lol

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen
    I actually had the opposite problem... I had a noon wedding (no first look) but I am NOT a morning person and refused to wake up earlier than 9 especially because I knew I wasn鈥檛 going to sleep well 馃槀 3 of my 4 bridesmaids were fine with it but 1 was concerned about not having enough time. She ended up just doing her hair before she arrived so she didn鈥檛 have to worry about rushing.

How early are you having them meet up?
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    If they are coming ready than they can come around 11-11;30 if not I锔弔 depends on how many girls but if we鈥檙e all glamming together I锔弔 would be around 8 am.... the ones who do not want to glam with me are the ones complaining lmao
  • Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP

HAHA Our sons (29 & 23) will be our best men. While the 29 year old will be just fine, I see some prodding to get my 23 out of bed. I'm thinking full on taps as loud as the speakers can go. LOL

As for your bridesmaids, maybe they aren't used to getting up early or planned to party it up the night before. Either way, I would simply remind them how important it is to you that they are there to support you on such an important day and that the lack of sleep will be made up for in extra partying after the ceremony.

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen
    View Quoted Comment
    And what time is your first look, and what is the start time of the ceremony? 11-11:30 doesn鈥檛 seem 鈥渆arly鈥 to me but depending on how late the first look and ceremony is, maybe it would be a long day
  • Amber
    VIP February 2020
    Amber

11:00-11:30 is not that early lol

8:00 is a bit early, but I mean it's one day out of their lives that they have to get up that early. It shouldn't be that big of a deal to them in my opinion.

• Sarah
    VIP September 2019
    Sarah
    What time is the wedding compared to when they have to be ready?
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you very much for your response! I hope all goes well I am 6 months until the big day and lately I have such anxiety with planning and just want to cry
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly
    Yep. We are having an 11 am ceremony & doing pics first. The H&MU ppl are coming at 7 am. I am paying for everyone鈥檚 hair & makeup. One of my BM complained that 7 am was too early to be up. I simply said, that they didn鈥檛 have to get their H&MU done and could arrive at 9:45 am for pics if they wanted, or 11 am to be a part of the ceremony but wouldn鈥檛 be in any pics... she quickly said that the time is fine & that she will be there at 7.
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    The first look is at about 12:30 and than we are leaving the hotel to take photos at the garden and than the ceremony is immediately following
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    This is how I feel but I锔弇 starting to realize when people want something from you it鈥檚 ok but when the rolls change they give every opinion lmfao
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds totally reasonable then lol how is asking them to be there an hour in advance, at 11:30am, too early? When I first read this post I was imagining you were telling them to arrive at like 6am for a 3pm wedding or something hahaha, because IVE SEEN girls do that 馃檮 (my friend was in a wedding where they were forced to arrive at 8am and the ceremony didn鈥檛 start until 6pm....... and she got screamed at for arriving 10 mins late at 8:10......) but what you鈥檙e asking seems beyond reasonable
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi, they have to be ready at 11-11:30 am we are doing the first look at 12:30 than going to the garden to take photos the ceremony is at 5:30. The photographer suggested this timeline and I didn鈥檛 see anything wrong with I锔弔
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg lmaoo!! No not at all! And if anything if they have to come earlier I锔弔 is because they are using the same hair and make up people as me
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg I can鈥檛 imagine a maid saying ok to not being in pics... imagine lol
  • Sarah
    VIP September 2019
    Sarah
    I鈥檒l be in the minority probably but I鈥檇 be kind of annoyed that I had to be ready 6 hours before the ceremony and that the plan included 4 hours of photos before the ceremony. Will you be providing lunch for everyone?
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly
    View Quoted Comment
    I know right! She knew it was an early wedding to start with.
  • Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP
    View Quoted Comment

11am is extremely reasonable. I certainly wouldn't complain about that. But maybe they have their reasons. Good luck and hopefully your planning get easier.

• Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    Actually we are providing not only lunch but breakfast as well, we are also having a party bus stocked with refreshments. The photographer wants getting ready shots, first look, family and than our portraits so that was his explanation of the photo timeline
  • Concetta
    Expert March 2020
    Concetta
    View Quoted Comment
    I have been a bridesmaid 10 times and not once have I ever questioned ANYONE I showed up when I was supposed to wore what I was supposed to even had to pay double alterations to switch dresses with a maid that didn鈥檛 fit in her dresses anymore lol

Comment on this discussion