View Quoted Comment
That’s fair I’m thinking about possibly doing our first dance to Harry in Winter because it’s one of my favorite pieces from any of the movies, but most people won’t recognize it xD.
I have 2 thoughts for wedding party attire. We each have 2 people on our sides. I was thinking we could either:
Option 1: have them all represent one of the houses, the bridesmaids wear black dresses, with a sash in their color, the groomsmen wear a black suit with a cummerbund (or vest, undecided) and tie in their color.
Option 2: have them dress in the colors that represent our house, so the bridesmaids would be in blue or bronze for my house, Ravenclaw, and the groomsmen would be in Green or Silver for his house, Slytherin.
View Quoted Comment
I certainly hope so! thank you I found one place that I thought was perfect but they require that decorations are applied with the power of hopes and dreams instead of tape, so that’s not gonna work xD
this one will probably be better (and better sized for my 50-75 guest wedding than a 27,000 sq ft mansion xD)
Cheap wands - I'd use dowels, the drip a design on the handle using gorilla hot glue or some other glue, then spray paint. Diy banners of the houses to hang in the hall. Love the idea of sitting per house. Put a snitch on your wedding cake. Would definitely use chocolate frogs or jelly beans for favors. Can put witch hats as center pieces and you can get led floating candles on Amazon.
Well, I just discovered (while looking deeper into the venue) that it's located at 7,500 ft elevation, with most of my guests coming from out of state (and at sea level) that sounds like a terrible idea. Back to the drawing board (probably, I'm still kinda really liking it anyway)
I love that I found someone else doing HP!! My theme is mostly romantic and cozy with lots of candles and fireplaces. The HP aspects of it will tie into that because my venue is absolutely perfect for it!! So here are some of the HP things I’m doing which are small for now:
1. Bridesmaids dresses are going to be just like hermiones yule ball dress but in my colors
2. To honor my niece and nana who passed away I’m putting a candle in a lantern and leaning 2 wands against it (one smaller than the other because my niece was a baby) with a sign that says “these wands are raised for those who are forever in our hearts” (or something like that!) and also “to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever”
3. Where the venue usually puts a photo booth I’m going to place a weeping willow looking tree and hang candles from it.
4. My bouquet will include dyed flowers made out of HP book pages
5. The table numbers are going to have a HP name, like the burrow or hogsmeade. The head table will be hogwarts.
6. All the tables will have lanterns and candles, which is just very HP to me.
7. The table that will have place setting and everything is in a library with all these old books (😭😍) and my card box is going to be an owl crate. I might to keys also somewhere in there.
8. I’m having two signature cocktails with a HP name. I’m not sure yet but I’m thinking liquid luck, amortentia, or elixir of life.
9. I’m going to have hp orchestra music playing also!
10. This one is still being considered so not definite. I was thinking of hiring a theater student from my alumni university and having them dress up and walk around with a candy cart saying “anything off the trolley dears”
those are just some of the things I’m doing!! Sorry it’s long but I’m just so excited lol. I can’t wait to see photos of your hp wedding. It’s going to be soo magical
View Quoted Comment
It’s so cool to see someone else doing it too!! My family thinks I’m weird for doing it but they also know it’s so totally me that they’re not really questioning it xD. You have some great ideas! Your day is gonna be amazing
Handmade "Chocolate Frogs" will be in the welcome bags, that have a pin & book to carry on the theme. As well as the bags being in one of the 4 house coulours. The little hangover kit will read "In case of Dementor attacks" with aspirin/ibuprofen, tums & a Hershey kiss.
Drinks for cocktail hour will have a his & hers that are a sweet for me and a spicy for him. Named after items/drinks in the books.
The bridesmaids bouquets will will have House colour ribbons around stems and a single flower in center that's house colour, pins that have the name and the house animal dangling on their gown or bouquet. Groomsmen will have cufflinks and boutineer with house crest. Groom has cufflinks & "Deathly Hallows" for his boutineer. My bouquet will have all the house colours of ribbon, a peach and a lilac rose to represent my grandparents who've passed, and I will have the "Deathly Hallows" pinned to bouquet or gown. Flower Fairy will have wings and be adorable with her rose petals, and Ring bearer will be "Gringotts Ring Security" and have a small suitcase with rings in it( not real ones lol!). All parents/stepparents & our 3 adult children will have the nice, expensive, Universal Studios pins( to set them aside as VIPeople) that are "Harry Potter" themed. If I have time I will print out a small "Quibbler" with who's who, story of us, games....
Ceremony will be simple and elegant- per fiancé request. Although I'd love my Aunt & Uncle tone dressed as Minerva & Dumbledoor! The mums at end of chair rows will be burgundy to keep with weding colours, but chairs will be tied with an even number of the 4 house colours and a sign at entry will say " Pick a House, not a side", with another that says "Please allow the house elves to do their work and refrain from using your phone- Dementirs are drawn to them" ( unplugged ceremony!) Leaving to the "Hedwigs Theme"/ "Sorcerers Stone Theme" song....
Cocktail hour has the signature drinks, themed appetizers, house colour napkins, "Wizard Chess"/ "Harry Potter" Uno/ "HP" puzzles to do, as well as a substitute divination teacher doing feather, tarot, rune & palm readings. A photo booth that has regular and "Harry Potter props/background...
Reception will feature the Sorting Hat greeting you as you pickup your escort card to take you into a "Harry Potter" world. Tables will be numbered and named per chapters in the books- the flowers and decor-scape will fit each title: "Care of Magical Creatures" will have little unicorns, dragons, etc on the table. Each place setting will have a handmade wand with the person's name and our wedding date. The cake being elegant and traditional on the front and a "Harry Potter" world on the back! The "Honeydukes" candy bar with house colour sorted candies, "Bertie Botts Beans" & "Sherbert Lemon Drops" in glass cylinders. Handmade chocolate frogs and "HP" themed cookies will add to it. Food will have a "Potter-esk" flare. The soundtrack to movies will be interspersed during dinner. Favors will be a luggage tag that says "Always" or a bottle opener that says "Alohomora".....