Rana
Just Said Yes August 2019

Half my guests cancelled

Rana, on August 6, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Posted in Community Conversations 21

It's a week before my wedding and I have had 13 people cancel. When I first started planning my wedding I had a guest count of 70 people. Now there are only 32 attending. I am in tears so angry and frustrated I dont want this wedding anymore. I can't imagine facing a large room with only 32 seats...
It's a week before my wedding and I have had 13 people cancel. When I first started planning my wedding I had a guest count of 70 people. Now there are only 32 attending. I am in tears so angry and frustrated I dont want this wedding anymore. I can't imagine facing a large room with only 32 seats filled I'm DREDDING my wedding day. I find it so inconsiderate for people to cancel a week before. Its non refundable.
What would you do

21 Comments

• J
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Jenn ·
    • Flag

Im having the same problem right now. wedding is in 11 days and people are cancelling every day for the last week. not to mention out of 217 invitations only 137 rsvp'd in the first place. 30 or so never answered at all. all our stuff is non refundable so we're screwed.... and the majority of cancellations, or non responsive are FAMILY not friends. my shower had the same problem, half the people showed up that rsvp'd and only half of who was invited had rsvp'd in the first place. if i had the chance to do it all over again i would have gotten married at the JP and gone to europe for a month for the amount of money we have spent. and i wouldnt have had to deal with all of this. people are so rude and inconsiderate it astounds me.........not to mention they've all been through this and know how it feels so i would expect better manners than they have shown.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics