Kyle
Super May 2019

Groomsman Suit Rental Costs

Kyle, on June 10, 2017 at 12:45 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 34

Good Morning! It's been a few years since I've been married, but I'm excited to be a groomsman in a wedding for some close friends. I'm just curious to hear what everyone is finding for suit rental rates these days? I'm a bit out-of-the-loop on that these days!

Good Morning!

It's been a few years since I've been married, but I'm excited to be a groomsman in a wedding for some close friends. I'm just curious to hear what everyone is finding for suit rental rates these days? I'm a bit out-of-the-loop on that these days!

34 Comments

• FutureMrsPaldino
    Super October 2017
    FutureMrsPaldino ·
    • Flag

Our tux rentals will cost $240 per groomsmen for the Black line by Vera Wang at Men's Wearhouse.

• Heather
    Expert July 2017
    Heather ·
    • Flag

We were quoted $240 and I immediately got online and found a rental deal from the company they were not advertising in the store, which was better than the 'deal' the GM was pushing.

• Dawn&Mike
    Super September 2017
    Dawn&Mike ·
    • Flag

I am in Florida and we went with Men's Wearhouse. They are getting pants, vest, shirt and shoes for $120

• xray12280
    Master June 2017
    xray12280 ·
    • Flag

I think ours paid $240 at men's warehouse, Vera Wang. They included everything, even socks!

• Chelsea
    VIP September 2017
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

$195 for everything including tax.

• Mrs.VtoBe
    Super July 2017
    Mrs.VtoBe ·
    • Flag

Went to men's warehouse and paid $220. Kinda wish I had just went to Jos. A bank for $20 more and a better looking tux

• Heather
    Expert June 2017
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Ours are paying about $150

• Madelayna
    VIP September 2017
    Madelayna ·
    • Flag

$99 plus tax rental at Men's Warehouse for the whole package Smiley laugh just black tuxes

• FutureLivi
    VIP June 2017
    FutureLivi ·
    • Flag

We used men's warehouse. For a tuxedo and everything else with it, it was 240 each.

• Kati
    Expert September 2017
    Kati ·
    • Flag

Our rentals are $200 after using a $40 coupon (on each tux) that I got in the mail.

• Sos0033
    VIP September 2017
    Sos0033 ·
    • Flag

They purchased Michael Kors suits for $180. We bought the ties and they are just wearing white shirts.

• MissGtoMrsG
    Expert July 2017
    MissGtoMrsG ·
    • Flag

My FH's groomsmen are paying $140ish for pants, coat, vest. They'll wear their own shoes and white shirt. We bought them a tie and socks. @kyle, I wanted them to just buy pants and a vest and was even looking at Macy's or Belk when they have their buy 1 get 2 free but FH was very hesitant bc one groomsman wears big and tall and one lives out of state. He was also afraid they wouldn't actually go buy it then it'd be out of stock.

• pammat
    VIP October 2017
    pammat ·
    • Flag

The FH wanted tuxes; I would have been happy with cargo shorts and hawaiian tops for the guys! But tuxes it is because it's his first wedding.

LOVE what you did, so much cheaper and more useful.

We're at Men's Wearhouse and with $40 off each the guys (FH, my 2 guys and his 2 guys) is at about $210. As someone who last had to deal with tux rentals 30 years ago for prom (my first wedding it was suits), this was a bit of sticker shock for me.

• Pickles
    Super February 2018
    Pickles ·
    • Flag

FH gave the boys the option to rent everything from Men's Wearhouse for $260 or buy just the shirt, pants and coat for $251 but they would need light brown shoes. They all agreed to buy and we will use the rewards money to purchase their ties and pocket squares

Comment on this discussion