Kyle
Super May 2019

Groomsman Suit Rental Costs

Kyle, on June 10, 2017 at 12:45 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 34
Saved Save

Good Morning!

It's been a few years since I've been married, but I'm excited to be a groomsman in a wedding for some close friends. I'm just curious to hear what everyone is finding for suit rental rates these days? I'm a bit out-of-the-loop on that these days!

34 Comments

• FutureMrsTrevino
    Expert September 2017
    FutureMrsTrevino ·
    • Flag

FH is using the Black Tux (super amazing BTW), and he's paying about $130 for a full rental (that even includes shoes, socks, and cufflinks!)

• Charda
    Expert August 2017
    Charda ·
    • Flag

We leave in Hawaii and our groomsman are paying $270 (that is too much for me) but Vera Wang and living in Hawaii is expensive

• mrsg
    Master September 2017
    mrsg ·
    • Flag

For a tux rental (including shoes, cuff links), FH has paid $180-240 depending on what the couple chose. If you have socks and shoes, you might be able to have those things taken off your package, which would lower the price. BlackTux is cheaper, but they have some pretty scary reviews, so we are probably not using them.

• Anne
    VIP October 2017
    Anne ·
    • Flag

We're looking at Macy's, but only doing pants, vest and shirt. It'll be around $150.

• andrea
    Super September 2017
    andrea ·
    • Flag

We paid $240 at men's warehouse for Vera wang

• Rena
    Expert October 2017
    Rena ·
    • Flag

My FH paid $150 w/everything included we are in Ohio. Hope that helps

• Amber&Aaron
    Dedicated February 2018
    Amber&Aaron ·
    • Flag

We paid 260 at Los. A banks for Vera Wang

• MRE17
    VIP November 2017
    MRE17 ·
    • Flag

My FHs tux is 250 and the GM suits are 177 from our local shop

• LaKesha
    Super May 2017
    LaKesha ·
    • Flag

• AshleeC423
    VIP April 2017
    AshleeC423 ·
    • Flag

Groomsmen got their suit rentals at Men's Warehouse. $190 for pants, shirt, jacket, shoes, boutonniere, and pocket square. My husbands tux was a little over $300 but he got it for free since at least 5 of his groomsmen rented from there.

• Kyle
    Super May 2019
    Kyle ·
    • Flag

Just for some context (in case anyone ever searches this for advice of their own), at our wedding, we had our groom purchase a matching vest and pants from Macy's (separates from a three piece suit, but we didn't have them buy the jacket unless they wanted it for future use). This cost them $99, including shipping. We paid for ties and socks, and asked them to wear any white button down and black shoes (our best men asked to wear fun shoes, and we were happy to oblige). This was budget friendly, and they got to keep the items instead of returning them, so we thought it was a win all around.

• Melaina
    Super November 2017
    Melaina ·
    • Flag

Ours are $217 with everything included

• Irina
    Expert September 2017
    Irina ·
    • Flag

Ours is the same as Andrea's (men's wearhouse, Vera Wang)

This includes everything (vest, socks, cufflinks, pocket square, etc)

• Rachael
    Dedicated August 2017
    Rachael ·
    • Flag

The GM in our wedding are wearing designer, classic black tuxes we are renting from a local boutique. With everything and after tax they are $199

• Choua
    Super August 2017
    Choua ·
    • Flag

Ours is $150 with suit, tie, and shirt. That is bought not rented. It is a locally owned place in Green Bay.

• Kirstie819
    Super August 2017
    Kirstie819 ·
    • Flag

Ours are like $152

• StPaulGal
    Master July 2017
    StPaulGal ·
    • Flag

Going through The Black Tux as well. Regular price on the suit rental is $95, but a podcast I listen to has a discount code so they will be more like $75 each.

• Sarah
    Expert October 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

FH was just in a wedding 2 weeks ago and he paid $215 for tux rental from Men's Wearhouse

• Future Mrs. Mash
    VIP September 2017
    Future Mrs. Mash ·
    • Flag

FH chose a Vera Wang tux from Men's Warehouse, and it's very nice. But just for the rental it's costing the groomsmen about $230. Kinda expensive, but they are glad to do it. I didn't even have my BM's pay that much for a dress they own! Lol.

ETA; words.

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·
    • Flag

FH tux was $240 I think. We let our gm's pick out whatever tux they wanted and I think they paid $160 plus we had $40 off coupons from men's wearhouse.

Comment on this discussion