We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Suzann
Dedicated October 2021

Groom's attire

Suzann, on April 5, 2020 at 3:24 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 31
Saved Save

Hi All,

My wedding colors are burgundy, blush and gold. My bridesmaid and maid of honor are wearing burgundy. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of what my groom and his groomsmen should wear. My fiance suggested he wear a black tux, black shirt and a burgundy tie, but I'm just not sure about that. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

31 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on April 8, 2020 at 10:35 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think black is always a safe bet ya know? another option is grey!

• Suzann
    Dedicated October 2021
    Suzann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What color shirt and tie do you think with the black tux?

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Definitely a burgundy tie sounds good! for shirt i think black would be fine too. or white.

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn't do a black tux and black shirt as that seems like too much black. I would do a black or dark gray tux with a white shirt and burgundy ties to match your bridesmaids. I would incorporate the blush into the bouquets and decor. I would have the girls wear gold shoes and accessories.

Groom's attire 1
    Groom's attire 2
    Groom's attire 3
    Groom's attire 4

• Suzann
    Dedicated October 2021
    Suzann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, the girls are wearing gold accessories. I agree. I told my fiance I think that's too much black. Thank you!

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You're welcome 😊
  • Jasmine
    Devoted May 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    I agree, try gray with burgundy tie. Then have some blush colors in the girls flowers and their gold accessories
  • Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla ·
    • Flag
    My bridesmaids wore burgundy/wine dresses. My fiancé wore a dark burgundy tux (it almost looks black in some pics) with black bow tie and his groomsmen wore black suits with black tone-on-tone leopard print ties and blue/green animal print pocket squares for a pop of color.

Groom's attire 5

• Natalie
    Expert November 2020
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Doing very similar colors, and the guys will wearing navy tuxes!
  • Jess
    Devoted May 2021
    Jess ·
    • Flag

Hi! My colors are the same. The groomsmen are going to wear charcoal suits with burgundy ties.

• Haley
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    You could have the groom wear a black or navy blue tux with a blush tie and his groomsmen in gold ties. My color scheme is similar. My colors are Navy blue, maroon, blush, and rose gold. My Matron of honor is wearing a rose gold dress, and my bridesmaids in navy blue. My groom and groomsmen will be in navy blue tuxes with my groom wearing a maroon tie and his groomsmen wearing blush ties.
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    Groom's attire 6
    Groom's attire 7

Groom's attire 8

Here are some additional options. If you want your groom to stand out, he can wear something like one of these and his groomsmen in a black tux with a white shirt and burgundy tie.
  • Suzann
    Dedicated October 2021
    Suzann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We like the third one! Thank you

• Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
  • Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag
    Me personally, I think it’s too much black for the groom. But, if he is set on it then I don’t see why not. It will look dramatic if that’s the look you are going for. He can use rose gold cuff links and tie bar to bring it all together.
  • Amy
    Savvy May 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    We are also going burgundy and blush. In New Orleans Labor Day weekend (was supposed to be Memorial weekend but postponed due to covid). As we are somewhat informal, the men are in linen dress pants, burgundy suspenders and bow ties, burgundy and blush argyle socks, and a camel toned shoe while the groom will have the same linen pants with matching vest, and a blush tie. Below was inspiration, but slightly more formal pants Groom's attire 9

• Courtney
    Expert July 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    I like the option someone else posted with your groom in burgundy and some black then groomsmen in black , but if he really wants black I think it'll be just fine! Maybe let him wear a gold tie with black suit and groomsmen with burgundy tie and black suit.
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2019
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

I had my girls in burgundy, and the guys wore light gray tuxes with burgundy vests/ties. Burgundy is such a dark color that i wanted the guys in something lighter.

• Katie
    Beginner October 2021
    Katie Online ·
    • Flag
    My colors are burgundy, blush and ivory. Bridesmaids are wearing burgundy. And the groomsmen and my fiancé are wearing dark gray suits Smiley smile
  • Hannah
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I have a similar color scheme! My groom is wearing a medium gray suit (I wanted charcoal, he wanted light gray, we compromised) with a burgundy vest and bow tie. His groomsmen are wearing the same suit, but no vest and a burgundy/merlot striped tie. Haven’t decided on pocket squares yet. We’re using generation tux, but they didn’t have the right color vest, so we ordered a few from amazon and compared with the swatch for my bridesmaid dresses (I’m putting them in a variety of colors within the wine red-to-blush palette). We felt this fits with the overall feel of our wedding, which is sort of elegant-romantic-whimsical, so if you’re going more casual, you might swap the vest/bowtie for just a tie or forego jackets on the groomsmen. Hope this helps/provides inspiration!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics