Caitlin
Savvy October 2019

Groom wants to wear maroon

Caitlin, on September 18, 2018 at 3:03 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 14
Saved

My fiance wants to wear maroon - a deep burgundy - or something similar/along those lines. A lot of my friends have said it's weird BUT it's special day (just as much as it's mine) and honestly with it being a fall wedding, I don't mind at all. That said - I have no idea what to have my BM's wear. I really don't like the idea of pink but am feeling like it's my only option. The groomsmen will not be matching my fiance - their colors are basically last on my list haha maybe a shade of blue or gray depending on my bridesmaids. Any ideas for my bridesmaids will be a huge help! We are wanting to keep everything "fall themed" and are obviously not afraid of color haha (besides pink Smiley laugh ).

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah , on September 20, 2018 at 12:33 PM
  • Rae
    Devoted September 2018
    Rae ·
    • Flag
    You could do a champagne colored dress! I wish I had chosen maroon for my FH. It's very trendy right now and I think it looks really good!
  • SB
    VIP March 2019
    SB ·
    • Flag

Champagne, beige, navy. Anything neutral would look wonderful!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi Caitlin! I completely second the idea of doing champagne or beige colored dresses to match the burgundy! It's a great neutral color that matches almost everything! Also, you could have your bridesmaids wear navy to match the groomsmen, and they can wear a burgundy sash/belt with their dresses? Here are some photos to help you visualize!

Groom wants to wear maroon 1

Pinterest

Groom wants to wear maroon 2

Pinterest

And here's a look for your groomsmen to tie it all together!

Groom wants to wear maroon 3

Pinterest

• Jane
    Expert May 2019
    Jane ·
    • Flag

Bordeaux/burgandy/marroon is bang on and in fashion. He'll look great, especially for an Autumn wedding. Your bridesmaids would look great in light gold, blush or navy.... and you with a lovely Berry lipstick to match

• Caitlin
    Savvy October 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is EXACTLY what I am saying! It's good to hear everyone say that it will look nice on him! And yes, I am definitely wearing a dark lipstick! Thank you for your advice!

• Caitlin
    Savvy October 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I am excited to see him in it Smiley smile

I have been considering champagne! Thanks for the input!

• Caitlin
    Savvy October 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love these pictures, thank you! We are definitely leaning towards a color like that for the groomsmen.. maybe something neutral for the bridesmaids would be best - maybe lighten it up? Thank you!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You're so welcome! I am happy to help! And I agree, lightening it up is a great idea! I can't wait to hear what you come up with! Smiley smile

• Shaunte
    Expert December 2020
    Shaunte ·
    • Flag

If I was having a fall wedding, my colors would be navy, gold, and burgundy/wine. You can put the GM in navy and the BMs in champagne/gold with burgundy floral.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Navy or champagne would look great.
  • Sarah
    Devoted May 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I love the idea of a maroon suit! Full disclosure, I did go to Texas A&M and maroon and white are our colors, but I digress. If you don't want to go the pink route for your bridemaids, though blush would look nice, I agree with navy or like a dusty blue color

dusty blue bridesmaids dressesGroom wants to wear maroon 4

• Jane
    Expert May 2019
    Jane ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You are welcome.... I look forward to seeing the photos

• Caitlin
    Savvy October 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sarah - I hadn't thought about dusty blue.. I really like that! Thanks for the suggestion Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Devoted May 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No problem at all! I wouldn't put them together, but I have a wrap sweater with maroon, dusty blue, blush, and white and I love the combination!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics