Samantha
Expert October 2019

Grand Entrance

Samantha, on September 22, 2019 at 9:13 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 31
Saved
I have a couple of questions on the grand entrance into the reception... I'm a bit torn with trying to find a great entrance song into the reception, I also am unsure if the wedding party should come into the same song as FH and I or if they should have their own? Please, any suggestions are welcome! I'd love to know what you have done or are doing. Thank you in advance 😊

31 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on September 25, 2019 at 8:46 PM
  • MaryEllen
    Expert October 2016
    MaryEllen Online ·
    • Flag
    We did “head over boots” for everyone but no one notices or remembers the song at all.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh how funny, we are walking down to that for the recessional! We love that song.
  • Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We are coming in to the Pokemon Theme Song... long story behind it but all of our guests will understand! Lol.
  • Carol
    Devoted October 2019
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    We're coming in to "Catch Your Breath" (Finn Balor entrance theme). We have a small wedding party, two on each side, so they'll come in behind us to the same song. If you have a large wedding party, maybe give them their own song.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love that its unique to you and your FH! That's awesome.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the advice! I'm kind of leaning that way, we have a total of 10 people in our wedding party.
  • Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you... we honestly couldnt resist. Lol. We are both huge nerds, and on our second date we went pokemon hunting (Pokemon GO). Its how we stayed active while I was pregnant with our son and we compete even still. He even proposed while we were out playing and my ring was in a pokeball from Halloween so... it just felt right. Lol.

If you want it to be a memorable thing, try to make the song relate to the both of you is my best advice. Congratulations and good luck! 🍀
  • Toni
    Expert November 2019
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love his entrance song so much!
  • Carol
    Devoted October 2019
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Me, too! I'm being extra and wearing a half mask of his, too. Honestly, this entrance is the part I'm most excited/least worried about.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aww, I love that story!!! That's absolutely sweet. Thank you so much for the advice! 😊
  • Aleaj
    Expert October 2019
    Aleaj ·
    • Flag
    I was playing a snippet of a song choice for each pair, but everyone couldn’t agree on songs, so now i am just playing one song for the whole bridal party. For my future husband and i, i am
    playing a new song for when we enter
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thats what I think I'm going to end up doing. May I ask what songs you chose?
  • Aleaj
    Expert October 2019
    Aleaj ·
    • Flag
    For my bridal party i haven’t figured out yet. Lol for my future husband and I we are coming out to Higher by DJ Khaled, John Legend, & Nipsey Hussle
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2020
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    We will play one song for the bridal party and a separate song for us when we enter. I haven’t decided what song I want for the bridal party yet, but FH wants to play “All I Do is Win” for our entrance lol
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love that! Yeah, I'm really stuck on this lol. I just asked for suggestions from my MOH, shes really good with music.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thats great!!! Such a fun song to get the party started.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I skipped the entrance for them. They weren't into the idea of it. I did a grand entrance to a remix version of Bruno Mars marry you. It's super common but it was remixed so not so bad
  • Aleaj
    Expert October 2019
    Aleaj ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You will find something, just make sure its something to dance to! Congratulations on your big day!

• KandiKrix
    Dedicated August 2020
    KandiKrix ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG this is fantastic! My fiance and I are also having the Pokemon theme song as our entrance! We met on a dating website and my profile photo was myself in my Pokemon cosplay (Serena from XY) and our first conversation was on what our favorite Pokemon was. It's so sentimental to the both of us! Such a unique and fun way to enter the room! Smiley laugh

As for the rest of the wedding party, we're planning on having different songs for each couple that we love that also fit their personalities. We have a few picked out such as Space Jam, All I do is Win, the Halo videogame theme, it's going to be random mess but we'll find a way to make it work! Lol! If all of this is going to be too much we might just go with one fun song for everyone to walk to instead.

I hope you find something fun and special that means a lot to you! And also keep in mind that it can be something just fun and creative too! Smiley smile

• Kate
    Devoted November 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag

We're doing separate songs for the wedding party entrance and our entrance! Finally chose these yesterday. Smiley xd We picked "Come Together" (the Beatles) for our wedding party, and "Friend Like Me" (from Aladdin) for us. FH is a huge Beatles fan (I've also become a fan over the time we've been together!). Friend Like Me seemed perfect. We have a reputation for being obsessed with Disney. Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics