Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Expert November 2016

Getting ready schedule

Melanie, on October 18, 2016 at 12:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 16

I'm having a hard time figuring out my getting ready timeline for the wedding. My ceremony starts at 4:30. I'm just wondering what your getting ready timeline looks like. Are you getting ready at the venue or at home? I'm having my hair and makeup trial this weekend so I'll have a better idea of how long it will take to get ready.

16 Comments

Latest activity by TaylorMade2016, on October 18, 2016 at 2:38 PM
  • R
    Expert November 2016
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm getting ready at home and with 9 people for hair & makeup we start at 7 am fora 2:30 ceremony the makeup and hair people set the time?

• Ricangirl12
    Dedicated November 2016
    Ricangirl12 ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

You know I am having the same problem. I am getting the day after yours. But my ceremony starting at 5:30 and getting ready at home.

• SoonToBeDames
    Expert November 2016
    SoonToBeDames ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Our ceremony starts at 4:30pm, too, and we are starting hair/makeup at 9am (10 people for hair, 7 for makeup, including me). The photographer will arrive at around 1:30 to take some pictures of us getting ready, the dress, the rings, etc., then me and the females (and FH and his men) will do pictures at 2:00. (No first look for us. Two photographers.) We are expected at the venue by 3:30 in case some early birds show up around 3:45.

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

You need to work with your photographer and Hair/MUA in combination to figure this timeline out. They each essentially provided me a rough timeline of their part of the day and that determined it all for me.

For reference, I had 6 bridesmaids and my MIL, plus myself getting Hair/MUA done with 3 different artists. My ceremony was at 2pm, and we started at 8am (we were finished around 11:30-12 for final touch-ups and detail/bridal shots with photographer).

• Ms. Tee
    Super April 2017
    Ms. Tee ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I would say once you do your hair trial, you could have an estimate of how long that will take and then try to create a timeline from there. I am trying to sketch my out as well. This is one of those tricky things when it comes to planning, for me anyways.

• KBtoKS
    Expert October 2016
    KBtoKS ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

My ceremony is at 4pm and MUA/hair is starting with me and my sister at 10:30. She and I need to be ready at 12:30. My mom, aunt, and BFF, for whom I'm paying for hair and makeup, don't have to be ready until about 2pm. Our first look will be at 12:45.

• Melanie
    Expert November 2016
    Melanie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm going to the hair salon to get my hair done, but makeup will be done at the venue. Photographer will come at 2 or 2:30 to start taking pictures.

• C
    Super October 2016
    Cierra ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Our ceremony starts at 3:30. We have 7 doing hair and makeup and we are starting at 7 am. We need to be done with hair and makeup at the cabin to head to first look at 1 pm though.

• mimitrue
    Master January 2016
    mimitrue ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

This depends on how many people are getting ready with you.

Our ceremony started at 330pm. We had 11 ladies getting ready with flower girls, bridal party, moms and me. So we had to start early. We got ready at hotel and then drove over to venue for bridal party photos and 1st look photos prior to the ceremony.

Girls getting ready: 6am-1pm

Arrive at venue: 130pm

Pictures:130-215pm

1st look -215pm

Couple photos: 215-3pm

Ceremony: 330pm

• T
    Expert October 2016
    Taylor-brooke ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I let my photographer create my time line. I told her to do what would make the most of her time.

• OG Sarah
    Master September 2017
    OG Sarah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Work with your hair/MUA and photographer to figure this out. My MUA put together a timeline for me and my girls based on what time our ceremony starts. They are experienced with this and will do the best at leaving you enough time.

• Loganna
    Super October 2016
    Loganna ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

My ceremony is at 2 PM, and I have 6 bridesmaids and both mothers and me who all need hair and makeup. We also can get into our ceremony venue an hour early to take pictures. We decided to go to a salon to get it done so that we wouldn't have to start at like, 5 AM. After that, we'll be getting dressed at the venue.

ETA: I will start hair and makeup at 8:30, and we'll have a couple of shifts of appointments, with everyone finishing around 11 AM.

• PurpleCanadianBride
    Devoted November 2016
    PurpleCanadianBride ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Your stylists should be able to tell you how long you'll need to get ready. We're starting on the bridesmaids hair at 10:30 am for a 3 pm ceremony but my hair and makeup won't be starting until 12:15 pm.

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

My ceremony started at 5 and we started hair/ makeup at 7:30. We were ready for pictures at 1. We had them come to us at the hotel.

• Benjamin
    Devoted October 2017
    Benjamin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

We are having a 430 wedding and Since as a guy I dont take long to get ready, I will be at the reception venue around 12 ish to help set everything up and make sure everything is ready. Then around 2 heading home and getting a shower. 3:00 get to the church and get the tux on. Be ready to get married by 3:15

• TaylorMade2016
    Super October 2016
    TaylorMade2016 ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

My ceremony starts at 4 and we are starting at 10am. I only have 5 people for hair & make-up and we're doing a first look starting at 2pm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics