Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Beginner October 2019

Fresh vs fake flowers

Melissa, on June 27, 2019 at 1:36 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Hello all, I’m just trying to see others opinions on flowers. I would love to have real, fresh flowers but it is turning out to be another pricey expense. Some relatives/bridesmaids are suggesting fake flowers. I’m not totally against fake flowers cause a lot can still look very nice and real and they won’t die in a few days. I would kind of rather have fresh especially since we’re giving away centerpieces. Don’t want people thinking we’re cheap. I don’t know if I’m over thinking it and being crazy lol

15 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on September 5, 2019 at 9:39 PM
  • Jasmine
    Savvy October 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    First off lol forget what anyone thinks it’s your wedding day it’s cheaper and a lot easier to manage fake ones are however lol I do not want fake ones I definitely want the real deal super nice and pretty fresh smells lol all the good stuff. Either way they will be nice
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    You can do fake for bouquets and real for centerpieces
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Personally, I prefer the look and feel of real flowers. We saved by having flowerless centerpieces and only concentrating on the bridal party. Our florist is making my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 9 boutonnieres, 3 wrist corsages, and cake flowers for $600. We saved an additional $150 by arranging to pick up the flowers ourselves the day of the wedding.

To help save, my florist suggesting keeping the same flowers throughout our designs. This way it was easier for her to order in bulk and pass the savings onto us.

• Jessica
    Beginner May 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    You can always mix real and artificial flowers! Also flowers made of wood or paper are a cool idea that usually run a little cheaper than real flowers, but are super cool as keepsakes to give to your guests Smiley smile
  • Cori
    Devoted June 2020
    Cori ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I know lots of people have gone to places such as sam’s club and Costco and bulk ordered flowers, then arranged them by themselves or with their wedding party. They have saved a lot of money and still got real flowers.
    On the other hand there are lots of companies out there that make super realistic fake flowers that are easy on the budget, but still look amazing and real.
    like a pp said you could do non flower center pieces and leave the flowers for the bride, groom and wedding party.
    it really all depends on your style and what flowers you want. Different flowers have different costs at different points in the year. I guess, what do you value? Is the question you need to ask yourself. Maybe try getting your FH involved and asking how he imagines your decor.
  • Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa! Check out Something Borrowed Blooms. They have premium 3D silk floral arrangements that are to die for.

• Liz Newman
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Liz Newman ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm doing a mix of fresh and dried flowers, and it's a bit cheaper than going real all the way!

• H
    Master July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Some silk flowers are incredibly high quality and look like the real thing. My SIL sells silk flowers and apparently 1 woman got her mom a silk orchid plant. Her mom was watering the thing for 4 months before she realized it was artificial! We are doing a mix. We are doing real for the bouquets/corsages/boutonnieres and silk for all the centerpieces/decor.
  • Michaela
    Super May 2020
    Michaela ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Wow. This is the greatest idea. I am seriously considering this after seeing your comment. thank you!!

• Lee Ann
    Savvy June 2021
    Lee Ann ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We are using fake flowers from budget bride. I wanted real because they smell amazing, but they are just too expensive and I’d rather use that money for other stuff for the wedding. We ordered 1 bride, 2 bridesmaids, 1 groom boutonnière, 7 other boutonnières (we have 2 bridesmaids who are wearing suits and my dad will get one for walking me down the isle) and 1 wristlet for my mom. My total came to $212. They have packages for $100 and you can add on and change colors if you want.

Fresh vs fake flowers 1
  • MIWM
    VIP June 2019
    MIWM ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I would say go with real flowers if that's what you want. I did real flowers and loved them!

• Janiya
    Super June 2020
    Janiya ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Definitely! I'll be using them for my wedding in June of next year.

• Alisha
    Super April 2021
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I am planning on having both real and fake flowers only because the fake flowers and decorations came with my venue (reception room), however I am planning on getting real flowers for the ceremony space, my bouquet and the bridesmaids and boutonniere. I am also planning to get real flowers to add to my reception room (like for the tables). I wanted to enhance the reception room and make it look even nicer if that make sense. Go with what you think is best for you and within budget.

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Hey Melissa! Did you decide to do real or fake flowers for the wedding?

• Melissa
    Beginner October 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry for the late response! I went with fresh real flowers. I found a woman who works privately out of her home and she is so reasonably priced! She cut my first quote in half!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics