Skip to main content
Brieanna
Dedicated July 2021

Found My Dress, but is discontinued...........

Brieanna, on February 4, 2018 at 1:49 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 33
Saved

When we first got engaged, I did the normal thing and went dress hunting. I found the dress that I could see myself walking down the aisle, problem today is that it has been discontinued. The dress was sold by davids bridal. I have searched with the same wording they use and have found NOTHING, not even close to this dress!!!!

Any ideas on how I can achieve this and get my dress I so want!!!!!

The Dress I wantFound My Dress, but is discontinued........... 1

33 Comments

Latest activity by Eamsee, on February 5, 2018 at 2:47 AM
  • Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·
    • Flag

Do an image search. That dress is listed on preownedweddingdress and ebay. Good luck on finding your size. You may have to buy a larger size and have it altered to fit.

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·
    • Flag

Https://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/view/92175/David-s-Bridal-WG3071-Size-4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/davids-bridal-taffeta-gown-WG3071-size-6/182542313850?hash=item2a805ea97a:gSmiley surprise7sAAOSwRUhY~SiX

do a search on www.searchtempest.com

• Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So far I've wanted it for 5 YEARS!!!!

I know, I haven't tried it on yet, but it will probably just confirm that I NEED this one. I know I sound like a crazy soon to be bride, but this dress offers every little detail I'm looking for!!!

We didn't start getting serious about the wedding until his second purposal in Dec 2017. I started looking again for dresses, forgetting all together about this one, due to getting everything in order, that I saved this one on pintrest. Before I found my account on Pintrest, I went through almost every app, wedding look book, magazines, you name it, all I've come across, nothing has compared, all I can think about is this one even when browsing for others trying to see if there is better. I'm honestly SO fond of this one!!!!

I could tell you all the right about and nothing wrong!!!

• FME
    Master March 2018
    FME ·
    • Flag
    IMO the dress looks dated but if you really want it try eBay or preownedweddingdresses!
  • Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so MUCH, I found one, hopefully I can snag it!!!!!!

• Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Dated?????

Of course it's "not the lastest", but should it be??? If my mom had a wedding and wanted me to wear her "dated" dress just to make her happy and overjoyed, I would have. Like my post before said I have exhausted everything I have looked at for dresses and this ONE is the only one I can think of, burned in my brain. Every bride knows which dress is the right dress. Smiley shame

• Mrs.hays
    VIP April 2018
    Mrs.hays ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same. I looked like a giant marshmallow in the dress that I thought was “the one”. I ended up with something completely different.
  • Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag

THANK YOU ALL, I have found many outlets now to get this dress, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

• C
    Master July 2018
    Cuoghi ·
    • Flag
    Someone can easily make it if it is really what you want. Have you tries preowned wedding dress sites online?
  • Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

There are a few outlets that have a variety of sizes of the dress, just trying to find the one with less alterations and good price! I personally dont know anyone that could make me one.

• M
    Dedicated September 2020
    Mari ·
    • Flag
    Glad you found it! Hopefully you get to try it soon for you to be 💯 sure that’s the dress you’ll be walking down.
  • Officiallymrs
    Super May 2010
    Officiallymrs ·
    • Flag
    Wether or not the dress is dated ( not that you asked for anyone’s opinion ), it’s pretty and if you think it’s the one then that’s awesome .. if I could suggest anything I would say to try on a dress in the same style before ordering .. just go be sure you like it as much on your body
  • The Nuptials
    VIP July 2018
    The Nuptials ·
    • Flag
    I was going to say it looks dated as well. It’s the pick ups that make it look dated. Any by the time your get married it will be even more so.

maybe try a custom dress maker like Anomalie, I think they start at $800? Put a search out on local BST sites and FB groups.
  • Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, that was my problem couldn't find before, but it has been at least 2 years since I cracked down on looking and also was before I found this lovely app with all these wonderful people to help!!!

P.S we've been engaged for sometime!
  • S
    Dedicated June 2018
    Sherika ·
    • Flag
    The same thing happened to me 😭 but I found another dress that I love
  • Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same style like the mermaid trumpet? Just to see how it fits??
  • Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I've literally looked at a million dresses starting with ones sold here then out of the country, any app, look book you name it and this is the only one I can think of. I haven't found another that compares for me!!!!
  • Brieanna
    Dedicated July 2021
    Brieanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Any other dress that has lace, tulle, or loose fabric style to me looks like someone cut up a old curtain and put on a dress. I'll find this one for the right price.
  • Lucia
    Savvy July 2018
    Lucia ·
    • Flag
    Nothing can compare to actually trying on different styles. Even if your heart is sent on this dress, you should try dresses on at a local store if you haven't already. Mermaid and trumpet styles to be specific to make sure you like it on your body.
  • muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Be careful of those outlets. If they have a variety of sizes of a discontinued dress, they are likely Chinese replica sites. The fabric and workmanship will be of dubious quality. I did a reverse image search and found only 2 legitimate resales.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics