Angel
Expert August 2020

For the brides who did their own makeup...

Angel, on October 13, 2020 at 1:49 PM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 5
Saved

Did you find it super stressful?

I'm experienced with makeup, and did my own for my engagement photos, which came out great. However, I do think it'd be nice to be pampered and not have to worry about messing something up on the big day. I'm also super picky and a lot of the pictures I see of local makeup artists aren't very satisfying. It's a bit pricey so don't really want to spend the money when I know I can do it just as good myself.

So, I wanted to know if you were really stressed doing your makeup on the day of, if you're a control freak like me? Or is it just better to let someone take over and be stress-free? TIA Smiley smile

5 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on October 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM
  • Sarah
    Savvy October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I did my own hair and makeup. The one thing that I would suggest is getting lash extensions as that automatically enhances your look regardless of how light your make up application may be!
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, that's the plan! Thanks Smiley smile

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    I did mine and let me tell you it took me about an hour doing it. My makeup came out great! I would've been more stressed if someone did mine just for the fact it may not turn out how I invisioned it .
  • Tasha
    Savvy July 2021
    Tasha ·
    • Flag

This is one of my top stresses deciding to use a make up artist or not I have been going back and forth with the idea for a few weeks and it is pricey.... and my bridesmaids are causing me extra stress because they are picky but I'm going to go with the person I want to go with and they can either use that person or not. I don't care about anyone's make up getting done but me and my moms at this point.

• Rebecca
    Super January 2020
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I personally love doing my makeup, so for me it wasn't stressful. If anything, it helped me slow down and just take everything in before all of the craziness. I took about an hour to my makeup, and one of my bridesmaids did my hair, which took about 30 minutes. My makeup lasted all day and night (setting spray ftw!). I personally would've been more stressed having someone do my makeup because 1. that would've been one more person/vendor to rely on getting to the hotel on time and 2. I personally like to be able to control what goes on my face and how it goes on lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics