Celeste
Beginner October 2021

For Real

Celeste, on January 30, 2020 at 7:25 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 38
Saved
Is it just me or is this a hell of a lot more stressful and overwhelming than you originally thought 馃槚 . Like I don't even know what I'm doing. tenor.gif

38 Comments

Latest activity by Ester, on February 14, 2020 at 9:05 AM
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    Yup. Weddings are an expensive life event. I hope it bets better.
  • Amanda
    Savvy April 2022
    Amanda
    • Flag
    I'm feeling very torn! Part of me is LOVING the planning (I love checking boxes) but the other part of me is ugly crying as the expenses rack up, and I don't even have expensive taste!! 馃槪 Also overwhelmed with trying to please everyone 馃槄
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    Yep. I'm making huge payments and fielding family drama and just. Phew. Stress.

tenor.gif

• Jasmine
    Devoted May 2021
    Jasmine
    • Flag
    YESSSSS!!!! I want to just scream sometimes. Lol
  • Celeste
    Beginner October 2021
    Celeste
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I guess I didn't realize just how expensive they can be.
  • Celeste
    Beginner October 2021
    Celeste
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I feel ya, I have a very tight limited budget, so trying to find a venue just to start is mad frustrating
  • Celeste
    Beginner October 2021
    Celeste
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My wedding isn't until October but I'm already ready to say f* this and just go to the court house 馃槴
  • Celeste
    Beginner October 2021
    Celeste
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg ! Right . Some of just seems absurd since its only for ONE day
  • Jasmine
    Devoted May 2021
    Jasmine
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yea it does, it's only January and feels like my whole year is going to reveal around this one day.
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I wish I could say it gets better, but weddings seem to make people go CRAZY. if it wasn't for our families, we probably would have eloped.
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh yes. The w word raises the dollar sign sadly. I am sorry.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    I was def stressed about logistics and expenses
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don
    • Flag
    YES Celeste, being a 馃懓 is absolute hell, everything falls on our shoulders, so many decisions! Do you have a wedding planner, they are useful guides! First thing is to figure out your number of guests, find your venue and photographer, as they can be booked up 2 years in advance sometimes, determine what your budget is, so you know how much you can alot for food and beverage, venue if separate from the F+B, photographer or videographer, your dress, etc! I'm still a year away, and I stress everyday, I bought my dress 5 months ago, selfishly, it was my biggest concern, to find my dream dress first, I recommend looking online at the different styles before hitting the boutiques, it helped me figure out which styles I liked or disliked before tying dresses on, and don't bring to many people with you, to many opinions! you might feel pressured to pick a dress you don't really love ( like from your mom ) you'll know in your 鉂わ笍 when you find it, mine is from Stella York,
    style 6979, if you care to see it, seriously, I loved dress shopping, it is FUN! don't get to stressed, everything will fall into place!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    I cried while we toured venues. $10K-$15K for just the site fee????? 馃く馃槶 We had to get creative. We ended up doing a tiny DW and a local reception later. For the DW, we chose a weekday night, off-season. We chose non-floral centerpieces at both events. Many other money-saving ideas. Our events were by no means cheap, but affordable for us. Whew. And totally worth it. 馃榿 Hang in there! You can do it.
  • Amanda
    Savvy April 2022
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This wouldn't work for everyone, but I wanted a brunch wedding, so I was limited by caterers more than venues. So I started looking for affordable breakfast/brunch caterers and then looked at venues they were affiliated with. That helped me a lot in my venue search.
  • Sweet'N'Rhodes
    Devoted March 2022
    Sweet'N'Rhodes
    • Flag

Yes. It was kinda fun at first, but when the reality of bookings and crazy prices came into things, it changed. I am leaning towards an elopement now.

I don't want all the stuff. I just want our marriage. Smiley ring

• Taylor
    Savvy May 2021
    Taylor
    • Flag
    Omg I think this all the time, and I feel so guilty about judging brides who didn鈥檛 seem thrilled about planning the wedding because I thought it was going to be this magical time, but in all reality, I want to rip my hair out!!!
  • Shauna
    Dedicated October 2020
    Shauna
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Girl, I feel the exact same way. I feel like I can't shut the wedding part of my brain off and I'm pretty sure I'm on everyone's last nerve lol. I would just much rather be done everything by the summer except for the seating chart and just paying things off. I don't want to stress this summer. I want to be able to enjoy my bridal shower and my bachelorette and the wedding itself but I feel like I'm going crazy!

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry
    • Flag

Awww, I am sorry you are overwhelmed and stressed. We had so much fun planning our wedding. We also kept things very casual and simple so I am sure that helped keep us sane. I hope you are ultimately able to enjoy some parts of planning your big day. Smiley ring

• Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel
    • Flag

I went through the same thing in the beginning. When you're on a tight budget, it makes things hard, especially if you'd like the help of a wedding planner but can't afford one. In my opinion, it GETS BETTER! I hate hearing how people are having horrible time's planning their wedding. Smiley sad While I totally get the sticker shock, you just have to keep searching. I was getting let down at first thinking I wouldn't be able to afford anything at all. Thankfully, our parents are pitching in, but we're still keeping EVERYTHING under $6k (well, not including my dress, which I paid for myself.) Look into cheaper options like banquet halls, etc. Don't choose a venue with in-house catering, that gets crazy expensive. Also, try to find a venue that allows you to BYO alcohol. Take a break if you need to. Once you find a venue that fits the bill, I promise it'll get easier!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics