Kelsey
Super March 2011

Food for the party when getting ready? Opinions please!

Kelsey, on March 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved

We are planning to be at our venue the day of at 9:30 or 10:00am to start getting ready and to do the set up we are responsible for (centerpieces...etc). The issue is our venue doesn't allow for outside food or drink if it is something they can provide, so I can't bring my own veggie/fruit platters to snack on during the day and I don't want to be eating a bunch of prepackaged food either. They do have an awesome menu for the Bride and Groom's rooms, I just want to know what you ladies think... I dunno, maybe to help me justify the cost...

See menus in comments...

13 Comments

Latest activity by bing, on March 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM
  • Kelsey
    Super March 2011
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

Bride’s Room Snacks:

Healthy Munchies

Assorted International and Domestic Cheeses and Crackers

Fresh Seasonal Fruit, Melon and Berries

Assorted Mini Sandwiches on Artisan Bread

Assorted Juices

Bottled Water

$15 per person

Lunching Light

Turkey and Vegetarian Sandwiches

Pasta Salad

Chips

Bottled Water

Sodas

$12 per person

Groom’s Room Snacks:

Groomsmen’s Grub

Assorted Cheese, Salami and Crackers

Large Soft Pretzels with Mustard

Chips and Fresh Made Salsa

Sodas

Bottled Water

$15 per person

Sub Shop

Assorted Italian Subs

Pasta Salad

Chips

Sodas

Bottled Water

$12 per person

• MrsD2011
    Master October 2011
    MrsD2011 ·
    • Flag

I think it's a great idea ... How many people are in your wedding party? Plus depending on the time between ceremony and cocktail hour and reception/dinner, you want to have something in your stomach, even if it's just a piece of fruit ... if you are worried about dresses getting messed up, then simply bring smocks to put over dress or don't put the dresses on till it gets about 1/2 hour out from the ceremony.

• Kelsey
    Super March 2011
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

There are 10 adults in the party, then parents and a few family members that are coming early to help set up so there will be a total of probably 18 people.

• ~
    VIP September 2011
    ~Jeff's Angel~ ·
    • Flag

That is a great idea - we will be getting ready at our venue the day of as well and we are also contemplating having snacks/food before hand since the ceremony won't even be starting until 5 or so. I think it is a great idea

• MrsD2011
    Master October 2011
    MrsD2011 ·
    • Flag

Yeah close to $300 I can see where you may be wondering if it's worh it ... I personally would do it but that's because I don't want to be hungry on my wedding day but if you don't think you'll eat, then I say skip it.

• Kelsey
    Super March 2011
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I think I will go ahead and do it. I will just put it in the category of "another way to show our appreciation" for everyone who will be there for the whole day. Plus they are all staying late to tear down and load everything back up to haul home.

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

Well, you need to eat. So if you can't bring your own food you may be stuck.

Could you maybe tell everyone to meet you half hour to 45 minutes earlier than you are supposed to be at the venue at a nearby park. You could bring bagels from the local grocery store bakery and a few tubs of flavored cream cheese. Along with paper plates and napkins you could feed everone for $20. That would take care of breakfast. Then you would only have to pay the venue for the lunch munchies...

• kmc900159
    Devoted May 2011
    kmc900159 ·
    • Flag

We're in the same situation with our venue. Ours is a little cheaper per person, but even if it were more I'd still do it. I'd hate to leave anyone feeling hungry and uncomfortable. Plus if they had to run out and grab something to eat it would just be a pain. You don't have to go all out but I would at least have the venue do something. Also maybe negotiate with them and see if since you'll have so many people if they'd be willing to come down on the pp price.

• Kelsey
    Super March 2011
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

That is true mynameiskatie, I could check with them and see if they can negotiate the price a bit. I like the idea of doing a little meet up in the morning too. Now I just have to decide which menu option I will go with.

• Puffins
    Master November 2012
    Puffins ·
    • Flag

Yeah maybe you can eliminate juices/water costs or something if it is possible to just distribute on your own before arriving there so everyone has enough walking in to the place? The only reason I say try negotiating drinks is because I recently was at an event in a large hotel/conference center and they charged $4/bottle of water, and $65/gallon of coffee. Insane.

• Kelsey
    Super March 2011
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

Wow! Holy cow that is insane pricing!

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

You might be able to order only 15 people worth and get away with it.

Is there any place to grab a bite really quick that is near by? or on the way to get your hair done?

Another "option" is to picnic in the parking lot? with a cooler of food? not sure how tight the money is.... but yes, you will need some food during the day.

I also don't think you will need both options per room... maybe one and pay for all 18 people. You can have bagels and cream cheese/peanut butter first thing when you meet outside before you go in.

• Meghan
    Master August 2011
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Um, I'm doing drinks, appetizers, fruit, veggie plates, and a full meal with 3 sides as 2 types of salad for under $15/person.

Way freaking overpriced! I'd suggest taking a break form decorating and hitting up a buffet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics