Lily
Savvy October 2020

Food food food 馃

Lily, on December 19, 2019 at 6:48 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 8
Saved
What鈥檚 on the menu? For the life of me I can鈥檛 figure out what to serve to our guests. My wedding will be about 100 people give or take. I need some yummy cost effective options.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on December 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM
  • Sophie
    Devoted June 2021
    Sophie
    • Flag

We will also have about 100 guests. We are doing simple stuff that you'd usually expect at a wedding with sort of an Italian theme - one chicken dish, one fish, and one vegetarian (ravioli) and appetizers are things like caprese skewers and arancini. Delicious and simple! Smiley smile

• C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy
    • Flag
    I did NOT want typical wedding food. Being right after holiday season I was inspired by holiday food and went with carved turkey and pork tender loin. We did a mashed potato bar to go with it. It was a hit!
  • Cl铆odhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cl铆odhna
    • Flag

Hey there, Lily Smiley smile

What catering serving style are you considering for your wedding? There are certain cuisines that are better suited to different styles. Definitely something to consider Smiley smile If you鈥檙e wondering what all the different serving style options are, check out this WeddingWire article - Wedding Catering Serving Styles: A Glossary.

Have you found a caterer for your wedding yet?

• Michelle
    VIP December 2019
    Michelle
    • Flag

We are having rosemary and thyme chicken with a mushroom gravy on the side. Beef tenderloin, mashed potato bar, mac and cheese salad and green beans

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry
    • Flag

We had 65 guests and did a taco bar, s'mores bar and dessert table. All were a huge hit!

• Kayla
    Devoted November 2020
    Kayla
    • Flag

We're doing a mac and cheese bar with about 14 different toppings for our main meal. Then we will be doing cupcakes and apple crisp with ice cream for dessert. We definitely wanted to stay away from the traditional wedding food.

• Tori
    Devoted October 2021
    Tori
    • Flag

For cost effective options, I would look into BBQ, Mexican, and Italian. We'll have around 100 people too and we're doing BBQ with 2 meats, salad, and 3 sides -- including a white cheddar mac and it's so good!

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine
    • Flag

We did onion crusted chicken with jasmine rice and BBQ brisket with carrots and mashed potatoes. Smiley smile and fresh garden salads!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics