Maria
Dedicated June 2020

Florist shopping help!

Maria, on December 17, 2019 at 11:33 PM Posted in Style and Décor 1 9
Saved
Hi all! My fiance and I don't know ANYTHING about flowers. We dont even know what to budget for.. All I do know is that flowers can be pretty pricey and my fiance and I both agreed that this was the area we didn't want to spend a lot on. So we need your help! What are some questions you asked the florist? For those that are also not looking to spend a lot, what are some tips that helped lower the cost? Were there specific flowers? We're only getting flowers for my bouquet, boutonnieres and corsages. Any tips or advice that you can give is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on December 20, 2019 at 9:46 AM
  • Benya
    Dedicated May 2021
    Benya ·
    • Flag
    My mom's a floral designer, So I know a bit. Getting seasonal flowers helps. When are you getting married? What are your wedding colors? Getting "filler flowers" like baby breath, wax flowers, etc are cheap. Also don't underestimate the all the green leaves. They come in all shapes and shades and can be beautiful. You are already cutting down to the essentials for flowers already so that's good. A lot of money go into the flower centerpieces and aisle decorations. Don't forget to get rose petals for the flower girl though
  • Maria
    Dedicated June 2020
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We're getting married in June. Our colors are quartz and chianti.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Maria! Are you interested in getting fresh flowers or are you open to artificial flowers also?

Since you mentioned that you are unsure how much to budget for your flowers, I would definitely recommend that you go into some florists and ask for some quotes. You will be able to get a feel for what is a good price as well as what style flowers you like.

• Benya
    Dedicated May 2021
    Benya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would go to your florist and get a quote from them, mention the things I said, filler flowers, greenery, and seasonal flowers in your colors
  • Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I decided to get my flowers from Fifty Flowers and arrange them myself. What would have cost over $3k is right at $1k (I'm having a larger wedding with 200+ people and a wedding party of 16). They have consultants that will advise you on what to buy and how much if you send them photos. If arranging flowers the day before your wedding doesn't alarm you, I'd definitely recommend looking into the company. They've been great.

• Maria
    Dedicated June 2020
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the advice!
  • Dierdra
    Super August 2021
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

It depends on what you want and season of your wedding. Shop around - meet with multiple florist. When you go in they will ask what you like - take in a pinterest image of something you do. We are having a November wedding and are getting 15 centerpieces, head table, outdoor arbor/arch, welcome sign, remembrance table, wedding party is 10, 2 ushers, petals for flower girls, boutonnieres for grandfathers,fathers,ushers and party, grandmothers and mothers and missing something. We were quoted for 2000K but if we change a few type of flowers they could drop a few hundred dollars off. Delivery/set up or pick up/set up self will also save money.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

We got married outside in a vineyard, so we wanted our flowers to be minimal. When we met with florist, I came prepared with inspo photos of bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and arch decor that I liked. Once they gave me their quotes, I would ask them what could be altered in the floral design to reduce the price. We ended up paying a little under $1,000 for delivery (1 hour drive for florist), set up, 2 bride bouquets, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 4 boutonnieres, 4 corsages, our arch decorations, aisle chair decorations, and greenery for our reception tables.

• Michelle
    VIP December 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

We got our flowers from our local grocery store and we spent 1k less than we were quoted from other florists

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics