We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Haley
Dedicated August 2021

First dance song

Haley, on December 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7
Saved Save

Hi everyone! Let the countdown begin! I will be getting married in 967 days! I am starting the planning, but I am having some trouble picking a first dance song. Any suggestions?

7 Comments

• Victoria
    Super May 2019
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    Do you and FH have a special song? I would wait a little if you not because there will be tons of new songs to pick from by then!
  • Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    Not really. I'm really just trying to get ideas then we can narrow it down at a later date. He used to say good morning beautiful to me, but that song is too fast in my opinion for a first dance song.
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hi Haley! 967 days sounds far, but I'm sure it'll fly by!! It's great to see that you are getting a jump start on planning! I found a great article that has tons of awesome suggestions that you and him can look through! I'll link it below!

22 First Dance Songs

• Summer987
    Super May 2018
    Summer987 ·
    • Flag
    Jason Aldean - you make it easy was ours
  • maryann
    Expert June 2019
    maryann ·
    • Flag

We choose one of the many songs that were special to us, but he def wanted Major " Why I Love You, he said it embodied everything he felt. It is still fairly early and new music is created constantly so there may be a song that isn't out yet they may catch your attention. I feel like when you hear that song you will know. It just does something to the both of you

• HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag

We struggled up until the very end to find a song that worked for us. Our "song" is "Sunny and 75" by Joe Nichols, but that was not fit for a first dance.

We had such a hard time! We ended up using "The Wonder of You" by the Villagers. It's very obscure, from the HBO show Big Little Lies. We liked the words and the old school feel of it. It's a cover of an Elvis song, and my husbands late mother was a huge fan, so that helped us to chose it.

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

We used "You and Me" - Dave Matthews band

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles