Riley
Expert March 2020

Finding my dream dress in a picture

Riley, on July 8, 2019 at 9:36 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved Save
I don't really know how to word this, but I saw a picture of a wedding dress and I fell in love with it. It is to the point that I already know that it is MY dress. The dress shop is an hour away and it is under my budget. Everything is perfect. Anyone else have similar situations?

22 Comments

• Riley
    Expert March 2020
    Riley ·
    • Flag
    This is the dress it is so perfect.

Finding my dream dress in a picture 1

Finding my dream dress in a picture 2

Finding my dream dress in a picture 3

Finding my dream dress in a picture 4
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    That dress is stunning. I also found my dress via a photo on social media. I didn’t get that “this is the one” feeling from the photo, but I loved the dress even though it was the opposite of what I wanted. I screenshot it just because and remember it at my appointment about 6 months later. I figured what the heck and tried it on and I was obsessed.
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is beautiful! I was not that lucky. I knew what I loved visually, had no clue what would look best on me.

Found it the first appointment, second dressSmiley smile
    Congratulations! Share photos when you try it on please.
  • B
    Savvy September 2019
    Brendaliz ·
    • Flag
    Yes! I went dress shopping and found a dress that iI really loved but didnt want to commit until I tried on the dress that I saw online. I hunted it down to a local boutique and booked my appointment. While at the boutique I tried on other beautiful dresses but as soon as I got into that ONE dress that I came to see I knew it was MY DRESS. I was sold. My dress shopping experience was short lived but I found "the one."
  • B
    Dedicated May 2019
    Blag ·
    • Flag
    Yuppp I did :-). However I was too worried about getting it online and not knowing if i would like it on me after paying for it so I decided to play it safe & go to David’s Bridal with my inspiration photos and they found me one at the store perfect! And guess what I ended up going with it from the store I tried it on at (David’s Bridal). I highly
    recommend doing it that way :-)
  • Catherine
    Dedicated November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag
    Gorgeous! I seriously hope you try it on and you love it!!!! I thought I was for sure going to be in an a-line gown —pictured it since I was a little girl... and I winded up with the opposite style I thought I didn’t like- mermaid! It just honestly looked the most flattering on me somehow .. anyways good luck - whatever you pick will be gorg!!!! 💓
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    I found a dress on DB that I knew just had to be the one. It was exactly me, simple, beautiful, the works (pictured!). I didn't even get to try it on because it wasn't available anywhere near us. East coast only....which was ironic because that's where we were getting married! And the other dresses I liked from them online looked AWFUL on me.

But I found a dress from a plus size bridal shop I loved even more than the DB one so I guess it all worked out!

Finding my dream dress in a picture 5
  • H
    Devoted November 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    I've had the same experience (twice) and I ended up the first time with something very similar that fit my shorter frame. Wedding called off. That was like 24 years ago and still have that dress boxed up and never altered. This time, David's Bridal advertised the dress but it wasnt available any longer at any store so I went to a much better bridal shop. I found the perfect dress for my destination wedding (first time bride at 44). I would not have expected the dress I chose but it's different when you see what works on you and how you feel in a dress. Definitely drive and try it on but he open-minded to some different options. You may be surprised. Love the dress though. It's really special.
  • Anna
    Devoted April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I found my dress on an Instagram post. I remember telling myself If I ever get engaged, Im wearing that one. Fast forward 3 years later and I went to hunt it down. I tried it on and didnt feel anything for it. It wasnt me. The woman at the store told me to try on another dress and it was completely different from the dress I originally wanted. You never know cause you can fall in love with another one.
  • Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is gorgeous! I had no idea what I wanted when I went into the shop lol
  • Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I found a picture of a dress about 2.5 years ago and I knew I really may want it. I found another that I thought was the one based on pictures and when I ended up trying dresses I tried both and picked the first one!

Anna made a very good point, and that’s what I experienced with one dress. I thought it was perfect when it was on the mannequin or on the models but when I tried it on it just didn’t suit me and I didn’t feel impressed at all. So just be ready either way, don’t only go try that one dress and maybe don’t try it first (the shop had me try the top two disperses between other dresses, I tried 12 total)
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I always thought this certain dress would be my perfect dream dress based on photos. my advice is try it on because things may not look as good on you or you may not like it as you may imagine. And be open minded about other types of designs that you may end up liking on yourself.
    The dress you like is really pretty though.
  • Emma
    Dedicated November 2019
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    That dress is beautiful! I can see why it caught your eye. Have you tried it on yet? I bet you must be so excited!

I probably tried on about 8-10 dresses in total between two different appointments- and I ended up with the very first dress I tried on! I constantly look at photos of it and am so in love with it.
  • Nikkeisha
    Devoted February 2020
    Nikkeisha ·
    • Flag

That dress is absolutely beautiful!. Congrats!

• Michelle
    Super August 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I found one that I loved online as well. I wasn't sure how it would look on but when I got to the store and they had it, I was so excited! I picked out 4 other dresses just to be sure. My dream dress was the first one I tried on and I was sold! I tried the others on just because but I couldn't stop thinking about the first one. So I put it on again and bought it. The dress you like is absolutely gorgeous too!
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

That's a gorgeous dress. I found my dress in a photo as well but unfortunately, I found it on a sketchy website. Looked all over and couldn't find a valid site or designer so I actually sent the photo to a shop that does custom dresses. I'm going to get a few minor changes done to it and It's not too crazy of a price for it to be a custom dress so I'm still super excited. I can't wait!

• Jennifer
    Super September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Yep. Almost exact. Fell in love with a dress on here doing the dress finder swipey thing. Didn't click on the image to see the designer. Spent a week figuring it out. Tracked down a boutique having a trunk show. They managed to get the sample - dress isn't sold in stores yet and literally only 1 sample exists of it - I went. I tried on 6 dresses. I bought my dress with about 250 off retail and was under budget by around 700.

Love the hell out of it. Dreams do come true. 😂
  • Jennifer
    Super September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Oh, and the boutique is an hour away from me.
  • Sexypoodle
    VIP October 2020
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Congrats on finding your dress!

Im the same way. I know what looks good on my body and I know what I like. So there’s no need in me wasting time going to 50 different bridal shops. It happened that way with my first wedding (and for this wedding too). For my first wedding, I only went dress shopping at 2 salons so that my mother could have that experience. But ultimately I went with the dress that I knew I wanted from the picture. With this wedding, I didn’t even go dress shopping. I saw the dress online and ordered it.
  • Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is an absolutely gorgeous dress and I can understand why you feel the way you do about it! I personally experienced so much dress regret. Every time I went and looked I felt pressured to just pick one but I never loved any of them. On wedding wire another bride posted a photo of her in a dress I had taken a screen shot from David's Bridal's website but never did try on. Seeing the dress on a real person made me realise it was everything I had been looking for. I went back into David's Bridal and told them it was the only dress I wanted to try on and that I knew I would be ordering it. I did and I absolutely loved it.

Comment on this discussion