Elaine
Dedicated July 2020

Finally going dress shopping!

Elaine , on July 17, 2019 at 9:18 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved
I’m fianlly going dress shopping next weekend! I’m so excited! Do you ladies have any tips/suggestions to make sure I have a good experience ?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Elaine , on July 18, 2019 at 8:17 AM
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

Dress shopping was one of my favorite parts of planning! A dress might not look good on the hanger, but once you try it on it can be the most flattering ever. Keep an open mind to all the different dress styles, and take your time making your decision Smiley heart

• Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

I agree with the above, definitely try on different dress styles. I went into dress shopping thinking I was getting a long sleeve A-line/ballgown, and ended up falling in love with a strapless mermaid!!

And remember, HAVE FUN! It can get overwhelming, but it is a very exciting time

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Make sure you eat before and bring water, dress shopping is exhausting. Go in with an open mind. The fewer people you bring, the better. Don’t feel pressured to buy something the first time you go shopping.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Be open minded to seeing and trying on different styles
  • Elaine
    Dedicated July 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much! Will definitely keep your tips in mind!
  • Elaine
    Dedicated July 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!
  • Elaine
    Dedicated July 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My appointment is at 10:30 am so I’ll make sure I eat breakfast, thank you!
  • Elaine
    Dedicated July 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I will definitely keep this in mind! Thank you!
  • Laurinston
    Dedicated September 2019
    Laurinston ·
    • Flag

Wow. How exciting. Dress shopping makes it so real. Bring as few people as possible. I highly suggest going into the appointment knowing what style you want by doing a little research. For instance, I knew I wanted a mermaid dress. I even saved it to my favorites on the David's Bridal website. I tried on that exact dress in the store and loved it. I also tried on other silhouettes and I'm glad I did. By trying the other silhouettes it made me confident in my decision.

Good luck!

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Relax, go in with an open mind, and trust your gut.

• Diana
    VIP December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    I agree with everyone!! Keep an open mind!!! The dress I bought isn’t what I was looking for. Try it on anyway it might be the 1!!! Be sure to eat, bring something to drink. Also don’t bring a lot of people!! Relax and have fun!!! Take your time.
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

Bring a hand fan!!!! Make sure you go with people that know your style and are there for YOU. Bring as many pics as you can, especially if they are different styles so the shop can try to match at least a couple of the looks you like. Even if you don't find the one the first time around, you'll have an idea of what you look and feel good in. Relax and enjoy.

• Elaine
    Dedicated July 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m set on a mermaid style but I will definitely try other silhouettes to make sure that’s what I want. Thank you!
  • Elaine
    Dedicated July 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Elaine
    Dedicated July 2020
    Elaine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Will definitely bring a hand fan lol thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics