Teresa
Devoted September 2020

Feeling sad -wedding postponed.

Teresa, on March 31, 2020 at 5:18 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved
Hi all,

So we had postponed our 4/24/20 wedding to September 25th, 2020. I cried at first then I moved out & now I'm sad again. Is anyone else going through the emotional rollercoaster? At times I'm fine & other times I feel angry or sad. I dont share with anyone because i feel like they would not understand. Other brides feeling the same?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amy, on April 8, 2020 at 12:29 PM
  • Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    My good friend had to reschedule to that date. You have every right to feel what your feeling. It’s okay the grieve. But you know what September might even be a bigger and better party because people are going to be so happy to be together ! ♥️ Focus on that. Focus on the fact that Itis still happening just later!
  • J
    Savvy September 2020
    Joy ·
    • Flag
    It sucks. Mine was supposed to be this past Sunday (March 29th). I was an emotional wreck up until (and including) that day. On the actual day, I got up and drank some mimosas (which is what I would have been doing if not for all this chaos). We even ordered takeout from the same place scheduled to cater. Oddly enough, it made me feel better.

Once the date passed, I have felt like I could focus forward to our new date in September 13th.
    Allow yourself to grieve. It’s a big deal. But you will eventually feel better and feel like you can move past it. I promise.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I'm glad to hear you got a new date though. i think it's so understandable to be sad! you had invested a lot of time and effort and had been looking forward to this particular date for so long. so it needing to be moved is definitely kind of like pulling a rug from beneath you. your feelings are valid.

• Virginia
    Super June 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag
    We were forced to postpone our 04/09 wedding to 08/27. We still plan to wed privately....even ordered a whole new wedding cake. Kinda excited still.
  • Teresa
    Devoted September 2020
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow that sound awesome. We thought about doing that also but not too sure. When you do your big wedding do you still do a ceremony with your reception? Also do you wear the same dress?
  • Alycia
    Expert September 2021
    Alycia ·
    • Flag
    I completely understand.my wedding was April 25, 2020 and we moved to September 26, 2020. I'm heartbroken and distraught, most of the time. We had everything ready and now we have to wait even longer. People tell me its going to be great but honestly I want the wedding over already.

I'm tired of everything. I don't want to even think about April 25th sitting at home miserable.
  • Amy
    WeddingWire Administrator August 2013
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Hi Teresa,

I agree with the other responses above. Feel your feelings!!! It's 100% normal to feel sad and/or disappointed that your wedding had to be postponed due to circumstances entirely outside your control. I'm sorry that wedding planning is not going the way you've imagined.

When you're ready to think about it, you may decide you want to celebrate the original wedding date in some way. Other couples have reached out for ideas to commemorate the day, so WeddingWire has posted a fun article. It's positioned for people who can't go on their honeymoons, which I completely understand is different than a wedding (but also disappointing to those couples). You'll find it here: 8 Staycation Ideas If You Can't Go On Your Honeymoon.

Many of us are spending our days at home, so these suggestions could be a way to make your quarantine time together extra special. Hope this helps! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics