Valerie
Savvy September 2019

Feedback on my Homemade Dress?

Valerie, on August 6, 2019 at 5:42 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 41
Saved Save

I'm making my own dress, and any feedback would be appreciated. This is just the front. I'm still working on the back. (I made a post of an early version a few weeks back and I really appreciated everyone who helped me get to this point). In case our wondering what the black lines are, there was a lot of extra fabric that I'm not ready to cut yet, but it's hard to image it with all fluff on the shoulders.

Dress Feedback on my Homemade Dress? 1

41 Comments

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I like the bottom a lot better.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Oh my gosh. Props to you. This is awesome. I could never begin to do my own. So this takes serious talent !!!
  • Valerie
    Savvy September 2019
    Valerie ·
    • Flag

Thank you.

• Lauren
    Super September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

It looks great! One question, can you walk/sit in it? It looks very form fitting right down to your knees, I'm hoping there is a slit in the back to allow for movement.

• Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Oh it's so beautiful!
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful! In my mind... I imagined somekind of border or outline, at the bottom of the v of the bodice. I don't know why, since I can't sew a lick...just popped into my brainSmiley smile sharing for no particular reason ha ha.
    Good job!
  • Valerie
    Savvy September 2019
    Valerie ·
    • Flag

It's all stretchy.

• Kelisa
    Dedicated November 2020
    Kelisa ·
    • Flag

You did a great job.

• Stevie
    Beginner December 2019
    Stevie ·
    • Flag
    Wow! Super unique. How special to design your own dress for your big day! Plus, you can pass it on as a family heirloom!
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista ·
    • Flag
    It's come a long way and looks awesome! My only thing, I'm not a fan of the layer at the knees. I would either add a few more layers or find a way to get rid of the layer.
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    It looks so glamorous, like a movie star. I really love it!
  • Thea
    Dedicated August 2019
    Thea ·
    • Flag

Very cool! One nit-picky thing - the lace on each side of the bust looks uneven in this photo. Not sure if it falls that way when you put it on.

I'm also not sure about the layer at the knee - to me it looks like it cuts up your beautiful lines.

Only pointing these things out because you asked for feedback. Your dress is BEAUTIFUL and it's very impressive that you're making your own!

• Toni
    Expert November 2019
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    So pretty!!! The bottom came out really good from the first picture
  • Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

Very impressive!! Really beautiful, you're super talented.

• Rachel
    Dedicated July 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    This is gorgeous! You are doing an incredible job on it! The only thing I can see that I have any feedback on is the layer at the knee as others have pointed out. I think it would be even better with a nice clean line there without the layer.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

You're doing amazing! As PPs said, I would not have the layer, but it's up to you Smiley smile

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's what I thought, too! I love the old Hollywood glamour style

• HisQueenHerKing
    Savvy August 2021
    HisQueenHerKing ·
    • Flag

IT'S BEAUTIFUL

• Naikesha
    Expert September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag

Very nice job so far love the direction you are going in. I also very much agree with the others that layer at the knee is bad !

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

I'm a bit thrown by the layering in the skirt. How will that look on? To me it looks like a short dress with another skirt under it that doesn't quite go well?

Comment on this discussion