Any Feb 2021 weddings out there? How are you all handling it? For us the stress has been horrible. I work in healthcare and see first hand what covid is doing. We’re stuck between cutting the list to 30-50 or moving the date which we are very against doing. We live in a northern state so outside...
Any Feb 2021 weddings out there? How are you all handling it? For us the stress has been horrible. I work in healthcare and see first hand what covid is doing. We’re stuck between cutting the list to 30-50 or moving the date which we are very against doing. We live in a northern state so outside wedding is not really a possibility. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Yes our wedding date is 2.14. Because of our new state mandate our capacity is lower. We still are moving forward with our plans, our venue is booked through 2021 and we would have to reschedule to 2022. We really don’t want to wait that long. But in the event there is a lock down we will elope and have a vow renewal in 2022. Our venue is doing temperature checks, and will have sanitizing stations & masks as well as socially distancing the tables.
We were scheduled for 2/27 and really didn’t want to move our date, but we have immediate family abroad who aren’t currently allowed to travel into the U.S due to Covid restrictions. Our venue made us decide by the end of August to avoid any financial penalty, which felt too soon for us, but we reluctantly made the decision to push it to 2022. We decided to elope just the two of us at the end of October when it was still warm enough to be outside! I felt your stress, and honestly even though postponing sucked (yes, I cried a few times), as soon as the decision was made, the stress just lifted away! In the end, our little elopement was the most perfect day and we still get to celebrate later with friends and family. If your venue will let you postpone without any penalty, it might not be a bad idea to play it safe in case another shut down occurs...
Feb 2021 bride. We are supposed to get married On the six and we have to make our final payment to the venue on January 4 and we’ve already paid everything else and I know we’re not gonna get that money back and we don’t want to reschedule because I already had a baby right when the pandemic started so we just wanna be married but I hate to see all that money go to waste. So come January 4 we have to decide what we’re gonna do but the rules in Virginia are you can only have 25 people and pretty much that sums up my bridal party. Really stressed over here. Sad part is I’m supposed to go try on my dress back on tomorrow now am I supposed to be excited about it and I don’t even know if I’m gonna be getting married
We are having a February wedding in a casino resort . We are looking okay right now because it is on sovereign ground and the tribe makes the decisions for events . Only thing I’m worried about is if there is a country wide shut down , I don’t know what that will mean for the tribe . But we are still planning for a February 6 wedding with our closest family and friends .
We are getting married on February 13, 2021 in orlando FL. Luckily our wedding is completely outdoors - and our venue is allowing our 150 guests. However, many guests are skeptical about traveling/banned from traveling from northern states due to working with the school district. Super bummed & stressed! Our venue isn’t flexible with moving dates, or our food & beverage minimum so we’re hoping we can execute safely.
Hi there! We are having a mico wedding of 15-20 people at a restaurant in a semi-private space on the 2nd floor of the venue. We also have decided to stream the ceremony on YouTube to everyone that can't attend. I really don't want to postpone. We have been together for 6 years and engaged for 1. Life is short and honestly, the marriage is more important than the wedding. Just do it!
Same with us. We are planning to have our wedding in March 2021 in SoCal. Our venue emailed us a few days ago that they only allow gatherings of immediate family😭😭 i haven’t had time to think on it or react as I’m finishing up PA school and taking boards right before the wedding. Hopefully we will be able to have at least 100 people by then
Just Said Yes
Hey! We are getting married in February. Everyone keeps asking us to postpone but there was a good reason for that date when we chose it. Right now they are only allowing outdoor (we are an indoor wedding) events in OR since they keep locking the state down. The venue told us to wait until January to send invites. So I am just waiting and praying!
Me !!! 2/20/21 in WNY. I’m also a primary care physician assistant so it’s soooo stressful right now! I’m super set on date as all of our stuff is already dated with that. I think we will get married in the church regardless, hopefully immediate family can attend and everyone else virtual. And then we plan on celebrating in summer when we can do it outside. We are just ready to do the damn thing!!!
So I’m a Feb 21 bride. Our venue is actually at a hotel. However it’s looking kinda likely that we’ll probably have to cancel or move it. For us, we’re only doing immediate family and the wedding will be live-streamed.
It’s just exhausting trying to figure out if the wedding is on or off at this point. But we’re just waiting and seeing.
Just Said Yes
Also Feb 2021 but I’m in California. We decided to go through with our date and if we have to cut people we will. We are done waiting to be married. We are just worried about our venue and if they are going to be make through February. Hoping for the best.
Just Said Yes
Feb 28th, Houston, Texas We’re still going through with plans although original guests list was less than 30. Here’s hoping for the best, ceremony outside, reception inside. My venue has not canceled anything
View Quoted Comment
I’m in Florida too for February and I think things will continue as is and be okay to operate. Just following guidelines were implemented. For those who attend are making that decision to attend during all this. Also we are streaming ceremony and formalities at reception.
Feb 2021 wedding here- Planning has been a mess for us too- we're both ready for the day to come and for the planning to be over. However, we live in Texas which is a little more lax than Northern States for COVID regulations. The wedding will go on, but it's tough to know that most people won't come because of the fear around COVID I feel for all of you Feb brides out there, stay strong!
Hi Feb 2021. It’s so stressful. Seems as though I’m in the same boat as all of you. I am very stressed about the money we will lose if we don’t have our big day as planned. We are down to 50 people and that’s not an option for us. We are thinking of just eloping on our original day then rescheduling to June. I feel for all of you because I am also exhausted emotionally.
My wedding is 2.20.21, so I feel you. Though we are in SC. ALL, literally ALL of our friends and family come from NY, NJ, PR, Colombia, and MD. So.... we had decided to change to a micro wedding, NOW we are literally inviting our immediate family like his parents and my siblings (my dad can't come because of his health). So we are inviting everyone to watch virtually. We can't move it back anymore in 2021 (FH is in his fellowship to be an M.D., has to take his boards, find a job, etc). So we just have too much going on. We also may be moving next year (still don't know where). So we're going to have a 1yr celebration 2022 with eveyone when it's safe! 😏
Jan 23rd wedding and I’m in MO so we have found a venue that is allowing us to go ahead with our plans. I am leaving for a year long deployment shortly after getting married and I’m refusing to let COVID stop my wedding. I trust my guests to make decisions they are comfortable with. We haven’t seen a huge change in numbers so I honestly think that if your guests want to attend then they should be able to! Our guest number is going to be around 120 🤷🏼♀️