Megan
Just Said Yes April 2020

Favors - Tacky or no?

Megan, on September 5, 2019 at 12:02 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 28
Saved Save
I saw something on Etsy that I thought was cute but I’m not sure if it’s tacky. It’s a decorated envelope with the words “For richer or poorer” on the outside, and inside we would put in anywhere from 1-3 $1 lottery scratch off tickets. Is that too tacky because guests then know exactly how much money you spent on them. Thoughts?

28 Comments

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

As cute and punny as I think that is, I don't think I'd do that for wedding favors. Maybe cute for an engagement party or bridal shower!

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't find that tacky. $1 is fine for a gift that isn't necessary in the first place!

• Amber
    Devoted July 2019
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I think thats super cute!!

• Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn’t find that tacky. I would think it’s fun!
  • Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I think it's totally fine - cute, punny, and a chance to win some cash!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    I love this idea for favors. Its cooler than a little knick knack in my opinion. You're already feeding them and entertaining them so I think everyone will realize you spent more than 1 on them and won't think its tacky.
  • Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I actually think that's fun
  • T
    Beginner March 2022
    Tracy ·
    • Flag

Honestly if you think it is pat of your personality then I would do it. I have 2 different types of favors for my guests to take home. Only b/c we are more likely to have fun and want folks to remember us. But I think that yours is fun as well. You will always have that person that will not like what you did. But YOU have to be comfortable with it. I have not seen anything like it and think it's fun.

• Stephanie
    Dedicated July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Im actually doing this too! I loved the idea when I saw it! Go for it!
  • Sexypoodle
    VIP October 2020
    Sexypoodle Online ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s cute and (even though I’m not a big fan of favors), this idea crossed my mind because we’re having a DW in Vegas. So I thought it fitting. Still deciding!
  • L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

I actually think that's a super cute idea - it doesn't matter how much you spend on favors, they aren't necessary in the first place!

• Lauren
    Rockstar February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I think it's a cute idea!

• Emily
    Devoted October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Ooooh thank you for bringing this into my life! If we do favors this is it! It’s cute, funny and interactive. bonus: if people forget to grab favors at the end of the night you and hubs have a chance to win some honeymoon money!
  • L. Madhak
    Expert October 2020
    L. Madhak ·
    • Flag
    I think it's cute and I love that it's something different. Besides, they wouldn't be upset if they win some decent cash.

We are doing a s'more snack mix with "smore love" on the front. We are getting married in October
  • Katrice
    Beginner September 2019
    Katrice ·
    • Flag
    I love it! Yes all day Yes!
  • Chinda
    Dedicated December 2020
    Chinda ·
    • Flag
    I spent less than $30 on 100 of these on amazon and I’m buying little candies that say mr. and mrs. On the wrapper to put inside the box. I saw a pack of 300 candies for $12.

Favors - Tacky or no? 1
  • Brooklin
    Savvy May 2020
    Brooklin ·
    • Flag

I don't think that tacky at all and neither will your guests, especially if they win.

• Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

I think it's fun and exciting as a wedding favor. We're doing either cupcakes or a candy table!!! I think it really depends. But if I went to a wedding with scratch off tickets, I'd be totally into it.

• Michaela
    Super May 2020
    Michaela ·
    • Flag

If I went to your wedding I would think that is so cool!!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    If it fits your theme then it’s cute. But if a formal elegant wedding, I would just skip favors unless edible. Favors aren’t really required or missed anymore.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics