We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Expert May 2021

Fall brides that are postponing

Ti'Anna, on June 30, 2020 at 5:51 PM Posted in Community Conversations 1 7
Saved Save
So I think we will be taking the postponement route, did many of you guys postpone to another fall date or looked at earlier dates in the year?

We are thinking from going from our October date to April. June for my venue is already booked and there’s only one May date left.


  • Megan
    Expert October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    So we had our plan b as an April date and we were originally 10-4 and back up was 4-10. But we ended up postponing a whole year to 10-10 next year. We decided that we chose fall for a reason and six months seems too unpredictable with how everything was going so better safe than sorry do a whole year and not have to reschedule again cuz once was enough for my stress level. You could really go either way, but good luck girl!
    • Reply
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    We went from October 2020 to October 2021. For me, winter and spring 2021 still seemed too soon, especially with all of the of cases increasing again. The agreement was that if we postponed, then it needed to be a year or more from now to (hopefully) avoid a second postponement. So we decided on October 2, 2021 and have that held with our vendors. But last night I randomly discussed changing it to October 30, 2021 and we can celebrate with a costume party each anniversary 😄. Or even 12/11/21 simply because it’s fun like our original 10/10/20 date 🤩 (FH is on board with either date). I don’t know why I recently felt an urge toward a new date. Sadly, I feel like I need to push it out as far as possible because this pandemic isn’t going away soon. But I’m also trying to avoid 2022.
    • Reply
  • P
    Just Said Yes December 2013
    Patrice Nov2020 ·
    • Flag
    We decided to postpone a full year. Although nov 2021 seems soooo far away, I just didn't want to risk having to postpone again. My FH wanted to go for April, but that's still the end of flu season and that just didn't sit right with me.. obviously the longer you wait, the better chance you have. But i do know a few brides that chose spring 2021. hoping for the best!
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Devoted May 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

    I have rescheduled from November 2020 to May 2021. I really hope I don’t have to wait longer! We have been planning our DW to Jamaica for so long already. The thought of planning for another year and a half just kills me. Once I got the available dates from my venue I realized how limited my options were. I really only had one option outside of hurricane season. I am staying hopeful. Who knows what will happen in the next few months 🤷🏻‍♀️

    • Reply
  • Sonya
    Dedicated February 2021
    Sonya ·
    • Flag

    I just postpone my Fall wedding to Feb 2021... now I am stuck with buying additional stuff being my Fall wedding had Fall decorations like pumpkins and maple leaves 😭😭 ugh I just ready to be done and married...lol Good Luck to all you other brides.

    • Reply
  • Raquel
    Beginner May 2021
    Raquel ·
    • Flag
    We originally postponed from May 2020 to Sept 2020 and just moved it again to May 2021. Praying we are in the clear in NYC by then!
    • Reply
  • Trisha
    Expert October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

    Ours Is October 17th && We Aren't Postponing Or Canceling.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇


Related articles