EmAbrams
Devoted August 2019

Extra Days Off

EmAbrams, on August 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 24
Saved
I am getting married in 11 days!!! lol I just had to get that out. I decided a few months ago I would only take the Friday before the wedding off of work and of course the week following for our honeymoon. As it inches closer I am realizing how crazy I was to think I could only take one day off of work before the wedding! What on earth was I thinking? I just put in for two more days and will only be working Monday and Tuesday next week in preparation for the wedding. I already feel soooo much better just making the decision to take extra days off, what a stress relief!

24 Comments

Latest activity by Cher Horowitz, on August 20, 2019 at 6:49 PM
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Same here! My FH only wanted to take the Friday before off. When explained that with his family coming in Thursday, a half day at least wouldn't hurt then either.

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I'm in the same boat. I really want to take more days off but I need to save the 3 I will have left to do interviews for jobs.

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My FH is only taking off the Friday and I wish he would consider more days. BUT he is the boss and he is already afraid of what kind of shenanigans he is going to come back to! lol Our family is already local so at least we are lucky there.

Good luck and maybe mention it again? I seriously feel so much better

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You are job hunting while wedding planning?? You are superwoman!

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Darn work shenanigans haha. I'm turning my phone off for 12 days starting 12/5 @ 1pm hahaha.

He is going to take the extra half day on account his boss is also our DJ and made him do it. Smiley xd

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Nice! turning off the phone is a great idea!

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was trying to wait until after the honeymoon, but I'm impatient lol. And very tired of the 4 hr drive to see FH.

• Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    Date twins!!!

I haven't actually requested extra days off because I work from home and the nature of my work is mostly handling phone calls and emails with clients of mine. I plan on being remotely accessible to my boss and letting my clients know that I'm out of the office (if I haven't told them I was getting married).

Since my boss will be at my wedding, he kind of understands, and weddings are a big 3+ days celebration in his culture. We aren't going on our honeymoon right away because of kids and school so I will more than likely be back at work Tuesday
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I did the same. Originally planned on Thursday & Friday off for our Saturday wedding. Ended up leaving Wednesday at 10 AM hahaha!

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That makes perfect sense! Good luck!

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is lucky to have that flexibility!

The only way we are able to leave right away for our honeymoon is the blessing of grandparents! My mom will keep my daughter the week we are gone and I am so grateful! I can not wait for some true alone time with my FH!

• EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was thinking the same thing, that Maybe I could leave ealry on Wednesday but then decided to just take it off. I will be totally usueless that week anyways lol. Wedding brain!

• Katelyn
    Expert October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag
    I already decided that I’m taking off the Thursday before my wedding and the Monday and Tuesday after (basically work have off Thursday-Tuesday). I knew I would need the time and my fiancé agreed because he’s doing the same thing.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I took only one day off too but I do definitely think I probably could have used at least another day aha
  • Rebecca
    Devoted September 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    I insisted on picking a summer date so I wouldn’t have to worry about work. The perks of being a teacher!
  • Dita
    Expert August 2019
    Dita ·
    • Flag
    Date twin!
    That’s how I felt being at work today. Now that it’s NEXT WEEK(!!!) I can’t seem to focus on anything but that. I’ve already been on 2 vacations in the past month alone, plus have as much days as I can carry over into next year so we can take full advantage of our honeymoon since we have to wait.
    We have our final venue meeting next Monday so I’m leaving early that day then taking Thursday & Friday off then going right back to work Tuesday. Wish I could take off more!
  • Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·
    • Flag
    Good decision! There is no way I would manage with one day. Im taking off 2 days before and FH is taking 3 days before.
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Lol I was originally planning to take off We’d, Thurs Fri before the wedding & Mon, Tues after the wedding. But my cousin is getting married the Sunday evening before me, so I decided to take of Mon following & then just throw in Tuesday.
    I have a lot of time at work. Tons. Plus we are waiting to do our honeymoon until around Christmas as my office closes for almost a week & a 1/2 so I just had to take 3x days off for 2x weeks.
  • LaLa
    Devoted October 2019
    LaLa ·
    • Flag

Nice! I was going to only take one day off beforehand too, but decided against it. Only thing at my work it sucks sometimes because I get 4 hours every 2 weeks, so I have to hoard my hours like a chipmunk hides acorns in his cheeks.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    • Flag
    Great job! Such an important time. I took one week before and one week after. Soooo needed it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics