We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jasmine
Savvy April 2021

Engagement photos outfit help

Jasmine, on October 5, 2020 at 5:57 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved Save
My fiancé and I will be taking our engagement pictures in 3 weeks and I need help choosing an outfit! We will be taking our photos downtown at sunset. Our shoot will be for about an hour so I don’t think we will have time for an outfit change. My fiancé will be wearing a sweater with dark jeans and dress boots. I’m debating between the sweater with black jeans or the dress. Engagement photos outfit help 1
Engagement photos outfit help 2

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmine, on October 5, 2020 at 9:43 PM
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring Online ·
    • Flag
    I like the sweater dress! One hour is not enough time, imo.
  • Chelsea
    Devoted October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    I vote for the sweater 🤗
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I love the red dress.

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag
    The red dress looks so romantic!
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    Wow that’s a tough decision. I love both but I think maybe the sweater.
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    The dress! It will make you feel so special, it will show in your pics. We changed in our shoot, didn't take long, I'm sure your photographer will be ok with it.
    Especially, if you are using the same one for your wedding.
    Can't wait to see your pictures!So excited for you! It's a fun day for sure!A milestone, on the way to your big day!Congratulations ❤😘💐
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

I don't think you can really go wrong, but I'd go for the red dress!

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

I love the sweater dress, It looks so downtown chic and and absolutely class.

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    If you are near a restaurant/ library restroom, any clean one, change! An hour is a long time, unless in your wedding dress.
  • K
    Dedicated October 2021
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I just did my engagement shoot this weekend, it was 1.5hrs and we changed and included our dog in some shots, so you should definitely have time to swap- ask if it’s ok! And to be honest I just changed in the car (We did a dress second so I could pull it over my jeans and then take them off underneath). It would be nice to have both the fancier and more casual look.
    The other thing is to make sure your background works with red. I REALLY wanted this bright red dress, but looking at engagement shoots on Pinterest, if your background is lighter and your FH isn’t wearing any red, it can make the dress overtake the rest of the picture. With a city background it will probably be gorgeous- but for mine with more natural background it wouldn’t have worked!
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

The red dress!!! It’s perfect.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

Definitely the red dress!! It looks so gorgeous and effortlessly elegant! Smiley heart

• Jasmine
    Savvy April 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    Thanks everyone for your advice, I will be going with the red dress! I can’t wait to see how our pictures will turn out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles