Ruth
Dedicated September 2020

Dress shopping

Ruth, on October 23, 2019 at 10:35 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 50
Saved Save
Did you ask your FH what type of dress he envisioned you in?

50 Comments

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I did actually, I asked if he pictured me in something more form fitting or a big princess ballgown. He told me he really hadn't thought about anything other than white (or ivory, etc. to most men, I think the word "white" refers to all shades of the color Smiley xd )

• Eri
    Expert October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

No - I never felt compelled to ask, and he hasn't said anything. He just said he can't wait to see what I picked out, because I'll look beautiful in anything, and he likes what I wear day-to-day.

Any time I feel particularly good in something, even without saying anything to him, he always comments. I think we're on the same page with what's most flattering on me, lol.

I know he'll love my dress, but he wants to be completely surprised, so I haven't given him any details.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I asked my FW because I was furious, not because I was going to base my purchase off of her answer.
  • Ashley
    Devoted August 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I did. I was genuinely curious what style of dress he likes or if there is a certain shape he particularly likes or doesn't like. Of course I want to wear something that I think he would like, but at the end of the day if I fall in love with a dress and feel beautiful in it that's the dress I'll get.

• Emma
    Dedicated April 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag

Mine didn't want to know anything about the actual dress. But we were looking through a wedding magazine and I just asked him which out of a group did he like best. I just kind of wanted an idea of what he was thinking. It was completely inconclusive lol.

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

Yes, I asked FH what style he prefers, and he wasn't sure what his choices were! lol

So, then I showed him a bunch of dresses on the David's Bridal website. I had created a group of "favorites" and he looked at those. It was about 20 dresses at that time, so he had no idea which one I liked best. He said what he liked or didn't like about a few, but then he told me which one was his favorite. I thought it was really interesting, because the one he picked was my favorite too! That was all before going shopping.

What he doesn't know is that I ended up picking that dress!! The one he liked best!! I'm not sure he'll remember so far after the fact. But I'm so happy knowing he'll love my dress!

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

He would sit down while I was watching bridal shows & make comments about some dresses he liked vs. others but I never asked him what he wanted to see me in.

• W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag

Yes because I was originally going to wear something non-traditional since it was my second walk down the aisle. DH had strong opinions on me in a white gown. I'm glad I asked him.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I didn't aha because I don't think he cares. He's more so the type that says you'll be beautiful in whatever and as long as you're comfortable and love it.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I did ask him after I bought it what he was imagining haha. He knew I wouldn’t get a ballgown or anything too poofy because we had already talked about that :p but he said he was imagining a sleeveless (but not strapless) form fitting, satin dress.

Close, I guess? But not really? Hahaha

Dress shopping 1
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

My FH makes little comments when I watch wedding shows so I had a general idea of what he would like. He knew I didn't want strapless and that I wanted a larger skirt. What he doesn't know is that my dress is all lace, hopefully he likes lace.

• Allison
    Dedicated May 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag

He didn't care. But now that I have my dress I've told him I have two dresses or that it's black. He knows I'm messing around. I ended up with a strapless lace dress with a sweetheart neckline. I think he's going to love it.

• Hannah
    Dedicated November 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Wow. No, I hadn’t even thought to. I’d imagine he’d say “you look good in anything” and want it to be a surprise, but I kinda wish I had asked. Would’ve made my decision a lot easier
  • Ruth
    Dedicated September 2020
    Ruth ·
    • Flag
    Why where you furious?
  • Ruth
    Dedicated September 2020
    Ruth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awwww really pretty!!
  • EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag

Not on purpose. We were talking about our first dance and he said something along the line of "well isn't your dress going to be all big and poofy" I just smiled at him and inside I was screaming...uuummm no

Dress shopping 2

• Taylor
    Super October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I asked after the fact if he had an idea of what he liked and he said "Whatever you chose, you'll be beautiful in." Good answer. Smiley xd

• Kayla
    Devoted November 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

FH and I had watched "Say Yes to the Dress" religiously for a while. I asked his opinions about those dresses. When it came time for the dress shopping I asked again. He said big, poofy, sleeves, and lots of lace. But he already knew what I liked.

• Gmm
    Devoted October 2019
    Gmm ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t, I got what I wanted and knew he’d love it regardless of style, material, etc.
  • Gmm
    Devoted October 2019
    Gmm ·
    • Flag
    Ironically, his tux and my dress completely meshed and went together perfectly. 🤩

Dress shopping 3

Comment on this discussion