D
Dedicated July 2020

Dress Help Please

D, on January 22, 2020 at 1:17 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 43

We are having a small ceremony and reception. I really want to be myself. My man proposed to me with the most beautiful salt and pepper diamond ring. The whole white dress just doesn’t appeal to me. The reception is most likely going to consist of a murder mystery dinner and will have an overall...
We are having a small ceremony and reception. I really want to be myself. My man proposed to me with the most beautiful salt and pepper diamond ring. The whole white dress just doesn’t appeal to me. The reception is most likely going to consist of a murder mystery dinner and will have an overall James Bond vibe.
My colors are black and silver. I need opinions:
Black velvet and lace dress, accented with silver jewelry and sparkly heals
OrSilver sequin dress with black heals and accessories.The last picture is my ring so you can get a feel for my personality shining through.
cfb_1354201.jpg
cfb_1354205.jpg

cfb_1354217.jpg
Thanks ladies for your help!

43 Comments

• Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I vote for the black dress!
    It's fantastic!
  • Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

I am a fan of everything sparkle but I must say the black dress is gorgeous!

• Mrs.hays
    VIP April 2018
    Mrs.hays ·
    • Flag
    I love the black dress!
  • Sara
    Expert February 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    Black dress!! I love it and wish I had gone black. I wear black every single day
  • Amanda.nicole
    Savvy January 1900
    Amanda.nicole ·
    • Flag
    Black dress!
  • Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    So we bought the top velvet dress you have (with the lace) for my bridesmaids and it's gorgeous in person
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I love salt and pepper diamonds! I have a gray stone, and I love that it's unique.

I'm not going to help much because I think both those dresses are gorgeous and I totally love your theme/vibe. Sounds like a wedding that would be so much fun!

I will say that while I love the first dress and think its perfect for your theme, I think you'll stand out more in the second silver sequin dress and it's more attention grabbing. Black is sexy but you'll blend in more in photos and such, and it's your wedding so I think you should stand out. Even if you don't love being the center of attention, people should be focusing on you and able to find you in a crowd easily, and you should definitely stick out somewhat in photos.

• T
    Savvy June 2020
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    Just popping in to say we are planning a murder mystery reception too, but 1920s style Smiley smile

I personally love the silver dress.
  • Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

I think the black dress, silver accessories and your beautiful ring will all look amazing together!!

• Shariyahmom
    Dedicated May 2020
    Shariyahmom ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    2nd that!!
  • E
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    I'm going with the minority here. Both dresses are stunning but any excuse to wear sequins and be full on glam has my vote! It's definitely not a dress that blends in the crowd. As the bride, you should stand out if that's what you want. Ultimately though, you should go with the dress that makes you feel the most beautiful.
  • Alicia
    Devoted October 2021
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    I love the black dress with silver accents
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I definitely agree the black dress and silver accessories

• D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it Smiley smile
  • D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!
  • D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for taking the time to write a long response. I truly appreciate your opinion!
  • D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How exciting! Good luck with yours! I’m so ecstatic about the reception now, I was dreading planning it until we come up with the theme.
  • D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Grey stones are so pretty too! Thank you for your in-depth response. I really appreciate it!
  • D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That gives me some peace of mind. Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics