We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kenzie
Dedicated June 2021

Dress help! Belt or not belt?

Kenzie, on July 10, 2020 at 5:14 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved Save
I said yes to the dress yesterday after going to two stores! I’ve been eyeing this dress since I got engaged and when I finally put it on I knew it was the one!

I tried on a belt and liked it but I also love it without! My mom, grandma & a bridesmaid all love the belt. What do you guys think? Belt or no belt? (Belts in silver in pic but I think I’d order the rose gold one since my ring is rose gold!)
Dress help! Belt or not belt? 1
Dress help! Belt or not belt? 2

32 Comments

• Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

This is a hard decision! But, I think I like it with the belt! Very pretty dress, by the way!

• Kenzie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kenzie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I vote for with belt as well. beautiful gown!

• Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I vote belt!
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Very pretty! I like it either way. What else are you thinking for accessories? I like the little bit of bling, but if you’re going to wear a big necklace, statement earrings, and/or an intricate veil, etc I may skip it. If you haven’t decided (which I still haven’t completely and I’m two months out!) is hold off on the belt for a bit, you can always decide later and it’s not like they’re hard to find.
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Side note, do you have pockets?!?!? I totally wanted a dress with pockets, then I choose a fotm fitting gown lol!
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kenzie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! Accessory wise I was thinking dainty necklace and simple earrings. I’m currently undecided on the veil rn but leaning towards not wearing one. I’ll probably still wait to but the belt for a while anyway but just wanted some opinions! (:
  • Kenzie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kenzie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes it has pockets!! I love them!! I wasn’t set on having pockets or anything but it was definitely a plus haha
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I think the belt is a perfect addition. Congrats on your dress!

• Melissa
    Savvy April 2021
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    No belt. I think the belt takes away from how simple and elegant the gown is.
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I like it with the belt.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

I vote for the belt!! The dress is gorgeous and looks beautiful on you! 😍 And I think the belt gives it the perfect amount of added bling! ✨

• L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I think it looks perfect with the belt! Very pretty!
  • Rebelle Fleur
    VIP January 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    Belt ... it helps define your waist and give an extra pop
  • K
    Savvy October 2021
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Definitely belt! I love that you chose a simple but elegant belt, it really completes the look- stunning!
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It probably wouldn’t be appropriate to shove my phone in my pocket anyways, but I could totally use a place to stuff the tissues I’m sure I’ll need! Lol
  • Virginia
    Expert April 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag
    I’ve been eyeing that dress myself (too bad I already have one purchased and altered lol). Makes me think of Belle. Anyway....I love the belt with it.
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2019
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    I like the sparkle the belt adds. I also had a belt for my dress. I think with a simple dress, that added little something extra makes a big difference.
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

I love it with the belt. Gives it just enough sparkle.

• Michelle
    Dedicated November 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Beautiful dress. I think the belt gives it enough sparkle to elevate it without taking away from the minimalist elegant look. My big wedding dress also has pockets and that makes me happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles