Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CountryBride
VIP April 2022

Do we need a day of coordinator

CountryBride, on September 24, 2020 at 2:13 PM Posted in Planning 0 12

I am wondering if we should have a day of coordinator? we want to sit back and enjoy our wedding but I don't want to spend a grand if I don't need to anyone has pros and cons of having one

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kaysey, on September 26, 2020 at 12:20 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without our DOC and her team. I didn't life a finger the day of the wedding. We started getting ready at 9 am and finished just before our first look at 3 pm, so I have no idea when I would have done any setup. We were also still enjoying the reception while they broke things down and loaded cars up.

• A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    You 99% will regret not having one.
    We did not budget for one and realized two weeks before we needed to get one no matter what...we are so glad we did. It would have been chaos.
    Small things add up. Giving out thank you cards to everyone, day of cards, ours set up decorations so my mother could enjoy herself. We were all taking family photos as she was giving the thank you / tip card to officiant and making sure cocktail tables were set up perfect. We had all contracts and details figured out, so she literally was Day of. Best wishes!
  • R
    Savvy January 2021
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I got one and so glad I did. As the day gets closer, what relief it is to know I don’t have to run around and worry about decorations, set up, tear down etc....
  • John Smith
    Expert February 2015
    John Smith ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I highly recommend a day of coordinator. However, if you can’t afford one then I’d recommend pulling a team together and delegating to them. Pick a point person who everyone can go to with questions so they don’t have to bother you, and make sure that person knows your vision inside and out. Give them contact info for your vendors as well and give your vendors their contact info. I recommend that no one in your team is a family member or a member of the wedding party. They’ll already have enough on their plate that day and you want them to be able to sit back and relax as well! But choose people you trust. I had some solid church friends come through for me on the wedding day and they absolutely killed it - and enjoyed doing it!
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I personally think they are so worth it because they ensure that things go smoothly
  • Kia
    Devoted September 2021
    Kia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Yes yes yes get a DOC. I am paying 800 for an old hs friend that started her own wedding business. Even if you don’t get a professional, you need someone to be the contact for the vendors, you need someone to set up and take down and someone to make sure you’re on time with your timeline. Just do it
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I am not hiring anyone, but my friend is helping out with some of the pre-wedding items. Our time is very consolidated and can’t see paying someone for the little that needs to be done
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

In general, I think a Day of Coordinator is a high priority, but if I'm remembering correctly, you and your FH have a large family? If that's right, I'm assuming you will be even more busy/potentially distracted than most brides the day of trying to make sure everyone is ready when and where they need to be, etc. I would guess it would be an incredible gift to give yourself to turn all the last minute wedding details over to someone else so you can try to relax and enjoy the day!

• Yasmine
    Master October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I think it would definitely help, you could always see if a family member or friend would take that role on as well
  • Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We have one hired for our wedding. She said to us, “my job is to show up, and make sure everything is done so you just relax and enjoy your day.” I was sold lol. Not only does she handle setup and breakdown, she meets all of our vendors at the venue, handles any “emergencies,” keeps us on our timeline, greets guests, and makes sure to cue all the big moments. In my opinion, if you can find the room in your budget, it’s def worth it!
  • Caitlynn
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Caitlynn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Worth every penny. The day goes by so fast you want to be able to enjoy every minute of it. I just had my wedding and am so thankful I had one. Do it!
  • Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I would say yes, 100%! My husband and I planned our wedding 100% on our own without a planner and it was easily doable, however we got lucky and our wedding venue price came with a DOC and 2 of her employees. She took on every aspect of what would be going on at the ceremony & reception site (they were in the same place but we got married outside and had our reception inside). I am so grateful that we had her! She kept in touch with us as the wedding date got closer and she handled everything that happened the day of. She directed our caterer where to go, welcomed our bartender and our DJ, welcomed our guests in with her 2 other employees that worked our wedding and even got my husband and I's dinners for us from the buffet so we could mingle with our guests. If there were any issues that came up at our wedding, neither my husband or I knew about it until after our wedding because she handled it. She actually had our entire wedding party and vendors direct any issues, concerns or questions to her so my husband and I could relax and have a good time. Everything went perfectly and we were relaxed all day. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a Day of Coordinator so you can relax and enjoy your wedding day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics