Sophie
Just Said Yes November 2019

Do i include my vendors in the guest count for meals?

Sophie, on October 13, 2019 at 1:17 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 9
Saved Save
I am doing buffet style. Should I contact the venue to find out what they typically do for vendors?

9 Comments

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

Most venues have a separate menu and/or price for vendor meals so you'll need to ask your venue how they handle vendor meals.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag

Many vendors require meals in their contracts, so I would be sure to check. We're feeding our photographers, videographers, DOC and her assistants, and our DJ. They will all be working our wedding for 6+ hours. We won't be feeding our bartender, the catering staff, or the officiant, all people who will only be there a few hours. Some caterers have separate menus or prices for vendors.

• Gabriella
    Dedicated November 2021
    Gabriella ·
    • Flag
    My venue includes them, we just pay half the pp for them as we would pay for our guests
  • Brandi
    Devoted November 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    My vendors require/include them in their contract. My venue also includes them in the pp price. I would check in with your venue but ultimately, yes, I think it’s a nice gesture.
  • Kaleigh
    Expert December 2019
    Kaleigh ·
    • Flag
    I would definitely contact whoever is doing your catering.
    My cater, god bless them, are covering our vendor meals and allowing them to eat from our buffet. (Which I am thrilled over! I want my vendors to eat good food!!) But I know each company is different! So if reach out and see what they say.
  • Sophie
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Sophie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds good, except the manager of my venue hasn't contacted me in a week because her staff says she is busy. I am really upset and worried. Luckily, I hired a day of event coordinator to help me out.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Ours ate from the buffet but their meals cost 1/3 of what the guests dinners did. Def check with your caterer about vendor options!
  • Tessa
    Devoted November 2019
    Tessa ·
    • Flag
    Definitely check with your caterer on their policy! Our venue doesn't give any discounts on the buffet for vendors. It would be $140 per person just as it is for my guests. The venue coordinator suggested sending them to the food court inside the hotel (they've got a Luna grill, Hoodads, Phils bbq, pizza by the slice, taco bar, lots of options) to save significant $$$ This requires giving them a full 30-40 minute break. Definitely something to think about.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did ! But that's because I had to meet a minimum and figured if I'm already needing to provide meals for vendors then why not

Comment on this discussion