Helen
Dedicated September 2020

dj cost?!

Helen, on May 23, 2019 at 1:54 PM Posted in Planning 0 43
Saved
Hey guys!

just curious what what you have paid for a DJ and uplighting? We’re starting to get some quotes and I’m shocked at how expensive it can get!

43 Comments

Latest activity by Nikita, on June 5, 2019 at 7:43 AM
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

Yeah, it's not cheap anymore like it used to be. But services are a lot better than they used to be too.

I'm in California (SF Bay Area), which is pretty pricey all around. Our DJ is costing about $2500. That includes: ceremony/cocktail hour/reception music and MC duties, uplighting for reception space, and a photo booth (which includes the little film strips that each guest can take home). I think it's a pretty good deal, at least for CA. I interviewed like 3 others that were higher priced, but offered less. So, I'm getting my money's worth!

Tip: if you find someone you really like, talk to them about your budget, and how they might be able to work with you on that. Most professionals recognize that wedding stuff costs a fortune, and most couples have to have some kind of installment plan for paying. So, it's worth asking.

• Rianna
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Rianna ·
    • Flag
    I am in Florida and we have found some people for around $650! Met them at a wedding expo.
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

PA I got mine for $995. This includes 1x hour ceremony, 4x hour reception, and EMCEE. They had lights that I were also included in the package - however we are having an afternoon wedding & reception & the place has a lot of windows (sun) - so we opted out of the lights.

• Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I got mine for $500.
    We got 4 hours and access to their online music library where we could make requests.
    We added our ceremony for extra $$. We could have added up lighting at a cost per light but skipped it as it didn't go with our vibe.
    They also had a party bus and photo booth option we could have added. But I had a specific party bus I wanted, and we already found our photobooth for $500.
  • Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

I'm in VA and mine is $1500. Granted, she also helps out in the way a day-of planner would in making sure the time-line is followed for the day and the vendors have someone to talk with.

• E
    Devoted July 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    We found ours for $2650. Includes ceremony and reception and uplighting. Boston area
  • M
    Savvy July 2019
    Marinda ·
    • Flag
    Our venue has an auxiliary cord and a family friend is a DJ anyways so she is going to come and do all of our music and announcing
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We are paying $1,100 for our DJ, not including uplighting.

• Caylin
    Dedicated October 2020
    Caylin ·
    • Flag

We are paying $850 for our DJ/MC in the Dallas area. It was going to be $1300, but they were offering a special we couldn't pass up. We get access to a online music tool to plan our event timeline, they set up 2 hours before the event, unlimited time until midnight, ceremony and reception music, wireless mics, uplighting, and they will travel. They also of include a planner to help you set up your timeline.

• Jess
    Super September 2019
    Jess ·
    • Flag

Ours in $1800 for unlimited time, music for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, uplighting, a mongram and being our MC for the night.

Upstate NY area

• Emily
    Super April 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    In the Boston area, a DJ & uplighting is about $2,500, includes ceremony, cocktail and reception.
  • Britt Brat
    Expert May 2019
    Britt Brat ·
    • Flag

$400 here in FL

• Heather
    Dedicated June 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    FH and i will pay only 850
  • L
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

Boston area, so everything is $$$. About $2k for the DJ and we chose to pass on the uplighting option.

• Jennifer
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

We found a guy who will do our ceremony and reception (same location) for $425 - found him through a local facebook group.

• K
    Dedicated August 2019
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    I'm in pa, my DJ is 765 for 7 hours. Also doing my ceremony music, but we dont have a need for uplighting
  • Mrs. Ariza
    Devoted October 2020
    Mrs. Ariza ·
    • Flag
    It all depends where you’re located. I am in northern NJ and it definitely isnt inexpensive here. We booked our DJ, photo and video all together from the same company. Because we did that he gave us a pretty good deal of 10k for all 3. Aside from the DJ, we have a percussionist, the 10 ft robot man and a few other things. I’d say shop around and check out their work and see if you could possibly book everything together. It may save you alot of money. Best of luck
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    I got mine for $550! This is for DJ services at the reception, dance floor lights, and a custom monogram! Our DJ is significantly cheaper than anyone else we talked to! He’s from a small town in Alabama about an hour & a half away from our venue and isn’t charging us for travel either! He travels up to 2 hours for free. Most everyone else I talked to were $1,600+ for the same services!
  • Thea
    Dedicated August 2019
    Thea ·
    • Flag

We're in CT - Our DJ is costing $1799 plus tax (and tip) for six hours including ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

• Lizbeth
    Devoted July 2019
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Did you use magic moments?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics