Kimberly Jackson
Savvy April 2020

Discouraging

Kimberly Jackson, on May 18, 2019 at 7:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save
I have started planning yet again I stopped the wedding last year because the FH was being I'm say lazy .it was supposed to be 04/5/19. Now I'm doing it yet again .I dont really have friends or family.so I had to get coordinator. she is great But it's not like a mother or a close friend

24 Comments

• Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    I have to walk down the aisle alone
  • RASHEEDA
    Dedicated August 2019
    RASHEEDA ·
    I did my wedding by myself my fiance only pick the colors and flowers i did all the manual work and it was so stressful im walking down the alise with my two sons. And my parents dont want to attend but im ok with that ive been with my partner for 19 years thia year. Guys can become very lazy when it comes to wedding planning
  • Latonya
    Dedicated November 2019
    Latonya ·
    Truth be told, alot of men dont participate in the heavy duty wedding planning. You are not alone. I was upset at 1st until I realized other women had the same issues. Some men just think the bride and her friends do the planning. I only have two close friends and my family is 8 hours away so I understand your pain. Its hard
  • Future Mrs.kimbro
    Dedicated June 2020
    Future Mrs.kimbro ·
    I totally understand any information that I can provide to you I will be willing to help you (as I'm planning my own wedding) don't ever feel alone I'm grateful for these forums they've been so helpful in more ways than one...❤️
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much and Congratulations
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes these pages really help out
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks I really needed to here that .I guess since I dont have any friends I just get discouraged
  • Future Mrs.kimbro
    Dedicated June 2020
    Future Mrs.kimbro ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you and I'm serious on what I said 🤗
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    I just worry a out little things like who will give me something barrowed or something blue
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    Most of my excitement has really dropped.
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I have to say I love your future name wow
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I have 1 son but he six I was thing about that
  • Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    Don't worry. I'm doing this alone, no coordinator. We decided on a small intimate wedding with a courthouse ceremony and a small garage get together type reception just to not make it overwhelming. My family is in Puerto Rico and I don't have friends other than coworkers and those aren't really friends so they don't help or are even invited. Trust me you can do this.
  • Latonya
    Dedicated November 2019
    Latonya ·
    View Quoted Comment
    On a brighter side, a good thing about planning alone is noone will challenge your ideas and decisions for the wedding. You can do whatever you want. It's nice not having ppl place demands on me for things they think I should have at my wedding.
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m having my 6 yo walk me down the aisle, or I’ll walk down the aisle myself. My son also wants to wear an inflatable t-Rex costume though so depending on the dress I pick we might be tripping down the aisle!
    Im sorry you’re feeling discouraged. To be honest, my FH has little to no interest in anything except the bachelor/bachelorette party which he announced he wants to do combined stuff for. Definitely lean on the WW community- we are all going through or went through the wedding planning process and there is so much advice and support. Take care!
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    You right 😂🤣
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much .that will be so cute a trex costume.
  • CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman ·
    Maybe you should plan a small weeeding it may be easier
  • Kimberly Jackson
    Savvy April 2020
    Kimberly Jackson ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks I just try to do a little every day since its next year hopefully things come together. I have my vendors and venue but I think it's just the brides maids that say they want to be one but not really and waste my time and space .I just don't get how or why not just say you dont want to be a part of this.I asked no one said no

Comment on this discussion