J
Just Said Yes July 2019

Dip dye

Jana, on February 14, 2019 at 4:18 PM Posted in Georgia Planning 0 5
Saved Save
Does anyone know where or who in the Atlanta area can do the dip dye process on a wedding dress? I'm looking to do just a small portion at the bottom of my dress. Thanks in advance.

Dip dye 1

Dip dye 2

5 Comments

• A
    Expert June 2019
    Afterallthistime...Always ·
    • Flag
    I wanted to do this too! My DOC recommended this business
    http://rcbfashion.com/
    They are located in Charlotte, NC, but can ship dresses back and forth. I spoke with the owner and she was super helpful. They custom make dresses, and dip dye already purchased dresses.

The reason I decided against it is that most wedding dresses won’t take in the dye. If it’s a synthetic fabric, it might not absorb properly. Your best bet is using cotton or silk. If you already have a dress with synthetic fabric, they’ll ask you to send a sample of the fabric for them to test and see if it takes the color.

If not, you could maybe have them make a wrap-around skirt addition for your dress.l made from cotton or silk.

Good luck, I hope this works out!
  • J
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Thank you so much.
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag

Hey Jana! Welcome to the community! I did a little searching and found Renegade Bridal offers this service! They even have a breakdown by fabric and layers that very helpful when considering having this service done.

Do you know what color you want to dye your dress?

• J
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Hey jayla,
    Thanks for responding. My groom has a very busy suit so I'm wanting to incorporate at least one color from his suit. I have attached a sample of the colors in his suit(if it loads)
  • J
    Just Said Yes July 2019

Comment on this discussion