We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Haley
Dedicated August 2021

Different Length Bridesmaids Dresses?

Haley, on August 2, 2020 at 10:38 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 31
Saved Save
Has anyone ever done different length dresses for their bridesmaids before? I was thinking of doing 2 bridesmaids having short dresses and 2 bridesmaids having long dresses. What does everyone think? It would look some what like this picture Different Length Bridesmaids Dresses? 1

31 Comments

Latest activity by Kari, on August 6, 2020 at 11:40 AM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I'm not a fan of this look. I think short dresses look super casual and the combination of short and long looks a little sloppy to me.

• Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My wedding is going to be very simple and is rustic and outside a barn 🤷‍♀️
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    I’m not a huge fan of it, but it’s also not my wedding! If you like/love the look I say go for it!!
  • Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I'm still deciding. I have a couple bridesmaids who aren't a fan of dresses, so I was going to put them in long dresses. And I have a couple girls who aren't a fan of long dresses so I was thinking short for them. But I'm really still deciding. We go look at dresses next saturday.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

If you're going for a casual look, then I would just do all short dresses. Especially if your wedding is outside in August. I just don't think that the different lengths look cohesive. But like PP said, it's your wedding, go with what you like!

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I don’t think it looks horrible though, just not something I would do. I hope you find what you’re looking for
  • Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have one girl who isn't fond of dresses, let alone short dresses. August will be hot so I'm really not sure what I'm doing yet ha
  • Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Michelle
    Devoted April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I agree with the majority- it’s your wedding & go for what you want. That being said, I don’t like the look of some in knee length & some long. It just looks thrown together at the last minute. I would do knee length since it’s in August & it goes with your rustic vision.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

I'm not a fan either.

• Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    If some of your bridesmaids aren’t comfortable with dresses, you could always do a light pant suit for them
  • Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That might be worse! Thanks for the advice though
  • Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag

I'm not a a big fan of the ones shown.
    Not all short dresses are casual. Bridesmaids dresses are especially known for being plain. Which can lend to it not looking as polished as it could.
    If someone feels completely uncomfortable in a dress, even just for a few hours, they could easily wear nice pants with a dressy top. A women's suit isn't necessary but lightweight pants (think like chiffon or polyester (linen would be more ideal in heat) pants that you might wear for date night) with a dressy top of your choice in a coordinating color.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    My maid of honor had a short dress and the others had long ones
  • Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm glad someone has same ideas as me. My maid of honor dress will be lavender and the bridesmaids will be in mint. But thats all I know so far..
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    I personally don’t care for it. Looks like 2 different levels of formality.
  • Niki
    Devoted August 2020
    Niki ·
    • Flag
    I’m not crazy about this look but this is YOUR wedding girl! Do what you love! My bridesmaids are all wearing the same dress but the top part can be worn in many different ways. I will say that I love tea length dresses over short ones. But go with your heart.
    Best wishes to you!! ❤️
  • Katie
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I think you should totally Do it!!
  • Haley
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We go dress looking Saturday but I am definitely considering this!
  • Britni
    Just Said Yes February 2021
    Britni ·
    • Flag
    I personally don’t like the different lengths, it looks a little awkward. Now if they have different dresses but the same length, I think that would be beautiful! Just my opinion though, it’d your wedding and your decision Hun! ☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles