Janiya
Expert June 2020

Decor for Ceremony

Janiya, on April 16, 2019 at 10:16 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 32
Saved Save
Hi brides! I have all of our major vendors booked and working on last minute vendors like the cake, flowers, hair and makeup. Here lately I’ve been purchasing decor to put around the venue. What decor is needed for the ceremony? I’m torn between if we want to do a unity candle or do the alternative sand unity. What did you use?

32 Comments

• Jessica
    Expert October 2019
    Jessica ·
    I'm doing a wine box.. though we're gonna put alcohol instead of wine because we like whiskey better LOL. Place in a love letter from each of us in it and a bottle of crown and in a year open it and redo it! My officiant told me about it and I love it.
  • Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's a really unique idea! Sounds great!

• C
    Expert January 2020
    Cassie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ve never heard of that, going to have to look it up. We decided against doing the candle or sand.
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    I really like the unity candle.our moms will light the outer ones and then we’ll light the center candle using those. People think it’s boring but I think it’s sweet and symbolic.
  • M
    Dedicated November 2020
    Michelle ·
    I'm doing a unity tree. We were going to do sand or candle but decided to do a plant and put it in the yard.
  • M
    Dedicated November 2020
    Michelle ·
    I love your name. My daughter's name is Janiya spelled the same way!!!😊
  • Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·

We are doing the traditional unity candle! We found someone on Etsy that will be perfect for the wedding but also will make a nice decor in our home once the wedding is over. As for other ceremony decorations, we aren't doing much. We will be having plum (our colors are plum, gray, and blush) tooling bows tied on every pew and then a bouquet of babies breath on every other pew, we will have alter flowers, and then an arrangement as you're walking into the church with a sign to honor loved ones who have passed. We are also asking our guests to be "unplugged" so we will have that sign and our guest book out in the lobby.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Peggy! I think so as well! We're leaning more towards the unity candle but i'm nervous that they won't stay lit until I come down the aisle and the ceremony begins. We're getting married outdoors in June.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Awwwe! Michelle. That's so unique and special! I LOVE that idea!

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Woww! Thanks! I've never met another Janiya before. How old is your daughter?

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Alyssa! We're leaning more towards the unity candle but we're getting married in June and having an outdoor ceremony. My plan is to line the aisle with really tall lanterns and vases filled with water and floating candles and then have my flower girls sprinkle petals down the aisle when they come of course. We have an arch that we will be getting married under and I'm thinking that I'll drape a really long white curtain over it.

• Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds SO BEAUTIFUL! I think the arch would look stunning with a white curtain!

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

I think so too! I don't want to overwhelm the space with tons of flowers! Lol. I think my bouquet, the girls bouquets, and the guys bouts will be enough in pictures while we're standing at the beginning of the aisle.

• M
    Dedicated November 2020
    Michelle ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Me too! I can't wait.
  • M
    Dedicated November 2020
    Michelle ·
    View Quoted Comment
    She's 8. When I was delivering we didn't have a name. I wanted Nya and my FH wanted a Ja. Janiya came together. I love it!
  • Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·

I personally don't like either the unity candle or the sand unity. I've had some cousins do them and I just think they're boring/cheesy and not my style. Our ceremony is outside in the gardens of our venue in front of a huge tree. For décor we are just having a welcome sign and then white drapery strung between the branches in the tree and hanging down. We are skipping programs, vow books, etc. because I want to keep it really simple since it's in the gardens which already have a lot of natural decoration.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Awesome! I know she's excited for the wedding and to be apart of your special day!

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds AMAZING! I ordered a wooden welcome sign from Etsy I plan to place on a metal decorative easel outside of the venue so that's the first thing that guest see.

• Danielle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Danielle ·

We plan to have shepherds hooks with mason jars filled with flowers, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 signs, an aisle runner, a decorated arbor, and a welcome table for our ceremony. For our unity ceremony, we will be doing a sand ceremony with our children and a knot tying ceremony just the two of us.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Danielle that sounds so BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see you BAM pictures from your special day! I seen the knot tying board in Hobby Lobby. That's a unique twist to the unity ceremony.

Comment on this discussion