We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Lindsey
Savvy December 2020

December 2020 - change date?

Lindsey, on July 4, 2020 at 10:23 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 4
Saved Save
Anyone with a winter wedding postponing their wedding or changing plans due to the pandemic? We don’t know what to do & it may be too soon to tell. At the same time, our reception space is closed and don’t know when they will reopen. Same with bridal shower location

4 Comments

• L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    Since there's still plenty of time before December, you might not need to postpone yet. I would recommend contacting your vendors and venue now to come up with a backup plan just in case things aren't improving by like October. That way, you would already have the backup date already set if you end up needing to postpone. I know you said your venue is closed, though they might respond to emails? Hopefully you won't need to postpone!
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04 ·
    • Flag

I agree with Lisa I think you will have a better Idea in October with enough time to change the date if you choose to and let your guest know. Reach out to your venue and see what they tell you so far and advise you to do depending on your original guest count. Best wishes! I hope you will be able to keep your dateSmiley ring

• April
    Dedicated November 2020
    April ·
    • Flag
    We are November, we are not planning on postponing. As of right now our venue is at 50% capacity so we are hopeful, but our venue is also not as flexible as some others I’ve seen with rescheduling. So, unless we go into another lockdown we have no plan B. I’ve also come to terms with the fact that people will likely be wearing face masks, less people may come, etc.. We are in MA but getting married in NH
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Lindsey! So much still depends on where you're located and how big your guest list is, but as the previous posters have said - you still have a lot of time until December!

Here's a few other discussions you should join where you can connect with other December 2020 couples about these decisions: December brides! and December Brides.. Waddup?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles