J
Dedicated October 2020

Curious... so I'm taking a poll!

Jamie, on July 1, 2020 at 2:04 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 36
Saved
I'm taking a poll... would you feel comfortable attending a wedding in early October, in the midwest, that the 30min. ceremony is indoors, and the reception is outdoors? Masks encouraged, but not required, and hand sanitizer practically everywhere lol. I know things (i.e. outbreaks/laws) are different around the country, but just try to think of the scenario overall. Thanks!

36 Comments

Latest activity by Cherianne, on July 7, 2020 at 2:03 PM
  • Emma
    Super October 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    Personally I would. I haven’t stopped working since covid. I work in childcare and in all honesty my life hasn’t changed that much other then getting more hours. Obviously not the case for everyone though
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think it would depend, for me. like if you're one of my best friends absolutely. but if you're a coworker or i'm not thattt close to you then nope ahah.

• Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, it depends on how close I am to the person. I work in healthcare. We have strict COVID protocols that will go into the fall. Being in a large crowd without people wearing mask will cause me to be quarantined 2 weeks from work.
  • Emly
    Expert June 2020
    Emly ·
    • Flag

I am in Minnesota and we had a 30 person wedding early June, not one of our guests had issue with it. My good friend had a wedding 2 weeks ago of 250 people (that number is allowed by my state) and all of her guests were ok with it. People will ultimately use their own judgement weather or not to attend. At our own wedding people were over joyed to be able to attend and bring some positive to this dark time.

• Danielle
    Beginner June 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    I would not attend the indoor ceremony if masks were optional, but numbers are crazy high where I am. Outside I would consider! Smiley smile
  • Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    I would attend.
    My question would be regarding the outside reception. Are you renting a tent and tables and chairs for dinner? How late is the reception because you also may need to rent lighting. Outdoor parties require a lot of extra thought. I know October in western PA (where I grew up) could be extremely cold or hot. The weather would be my biggest concern there.
  • Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

It depends how many people are there. 300 - Pass, <100 - probably Yes.

• Roane
    Dedicated December 2021
    Roane ·
    • Flag
    Yeah probably, but I'm a childless healthy adult that lives with 1 other childless healthy adult, in a different state than high-risk loved ones.
  • J
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    150 mostly close family and friends, with a few not-as-close friends
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    How are numbers where you are? I think I would be fine with it.
  • J
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    As of right now (knock on wood) my states numbers have been steady for at least 2 weeks
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would Go Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I think I would take a few factors into account. For me, it would depend on how many people were going to be there, how close I was to the couple, and where the COVID cases stood in the area that the wedding was going to be.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I'm in the Midwest as well. I would go. The numbers in my state are going down, slight increase yesterday but overall they aren't that bad. I honestly wish they would subtract the number who have recovered and unfortunately passed away. Because I feel like it is altering view points if you have this huge number but only 20% or less are actually active

• J
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree! They just tack on the new cases, and people forget that doesn't mean that many people are walking around with it. Not to detract from the severity of things, one person having it is too many, but its easy to forget that the majority of people do recover. Again, not trying to diminish the potential severity of the disease. I'm in Healthcare, so I see how horrible this disease can be. I just want our guests to feel safe coming, but we are letting them know that if they don't that we completely understand if they don't come. But we are trying to do everything we can to make people feel safe.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

For me I usually do the math at some point during the day and figure how many active cases we have in my state/ county. I prefer that accuracy. And I completely agree with you, I'm not trying to diminish the problem with this whole thing. For us everything is indoors, but my venue is large and can fit 800 people this has been cut in half. My allergies couldn't take having a wedding outdoors so that's not an option for us.

• J
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a good idea to keep track of the actual numbers as best as you can! And also good you guys will have the room to keep everyone spaced out!
  • Lena
    Devoted May 2021
    Lena ·
    • Flag

We're attending a wedding in September. I'm not worried since a lot of places/venues are taking really good precautions.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Maybe not. The numbers are spiking like crazy. Unless the couple told me small wedding, fewer than 30 guests.
  • T
    Super April 2021
    Tiger Bride ·
    • Flag

How small is the indoor ceremony venue? Will there be room to space people out? Not even 6ft, even 3ft or so.

I said this in another thread but I wouldn't enjoy a social event where masks were enforced, so them being optional is a + for me. Your event sounds very similar to a wedding we are going to in August so I'd probably say yes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics