We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Lynn
Dedicated April 2021

Covid testing

Lynn, on February 1, 2021 at 5:51 AM Posted in New York Planning 2 22
Saved Save
Hey everyone just this past week the mayor of N.Y. has given us a greenlight to have wedding starting up as of March 15, 2021 allowing venues to operate at 50% maximum 150 people But is requiring people to get tested for Covid in NYC . I am getting married April 17, 2021. I need some advice on how to politely ask My guest to get tested prior to the wedding. It’s been all over the news but you know how some Guest will overlook it so I will include it in my invitations. I work in a healthcare facility which I get tested twice a week so that wouldn’t be a problem for me but I need to find a polite way to ask my guest to do the same.

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jessa, on February 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM
  • KiwiDerbyBride
    VIP May 2015
    KiwiDerbyBride ·
    • Flag

I would phrase it along the lines of “due to local government requirements, all guests will need to have a Covid test no more than 72 hours (or whatever the timeframe is) prior to the wedding. We understand that this is not an ideal situation however doing this is the only way we are permitted to go ahead with the wedding, so we thank you for your understanding.” If the venue or local government is saying guests will need to show proof of a negative test, add that. I wouldn’t be offended if I received a wedding invitation which included that.

• Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I like that thank you for the advice
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Kiwi’s verbiage is spot on!
  • A
    Expert September 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I agree with Kiwi. You may want to offer to cover the cost of the test to your guests.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I also agree with Kiwi. I would not put it on your invitation, but on a details card.

• Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The covid test is free there is no cost for me to cover. It has been free because the governor is Mandating it
  • Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what I was thinking
  • Rabreena
    Dedicated October 2021
    Rabreena ·
    • Flag

I agree with Kiwi's verbiage.

I am really happy to hear this good news for NY brides, with leniency being given for their weddings (allowing more guests to attend, so they don't have to be worried about cutting their list down), but also keeping it safe for everyone with the mandatory Covid test. Hopefully this could be the start to life being just a little more normal.

• Natalie
    Dedicated January 2022
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

It might be useful to include info on where to get the test, for guests who haven't been getting them and might not be familiar? That could probably just go on the website...I would just mention that a test can be obtained from any CityMD as a same day walk-in and maybe link the list clinics from the city govt. Personally I've found CityMD to be the most convenient and fastest option.

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree with this poster's suggesstion. This is good
  • Alyssa
    Devoted October 2023
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

"Per the Almight Cuomo, attendance to the best party involves a tickle to your brain."

• Allie
    Savvy August 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Is it free? I know he mandated bills fans to get tested to attend the game and they all had to pay for it out of pocket. I hope you are right that would take so much stress off my back!!
  • Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It really isn’t that bad I’ve been tested twice a week a work since the beginning of covid
  • Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you I will
  • Alyssa
    Devoted October 2023
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same, but the amount of people that complain to me about getting one is ricidulous. It's been what 10 months of twice weekly testing? lol

• Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree I will have some Relatives complain that they got to get one swab but in the same breath say they can’t wait to come to my wedding but still complain I have family members that went to Mexico twice during this pandemic for vacation and then get mad that the last time they came they had to get swabbed
  • Amanda
    Savvy July 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I think Kiwi’s verbiage is great. Also, just wanted to share that this post brings me hope for all the spring and summer weddings ❤️. I’m not in NY, but this still brings me hope! Congratulations to you!
  • Lynn
    Dedicated April 2021
    Lynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think by the time your wedding come you should be fine
  • Devoted June 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    Hello, fellow NYC bride here. My fiancé and I decided to use the COVID safety wedding email provided by wedding wire to get across all of the safety protocols and procedures for the wedding. We are even thinking of making a video for those who don’t care to read. Originally, testing was going to be optional and only mandated for those getting ready with me and with my fiancé. But now with this regulation I personally view it as a saving grace. Now they it’s required guests have to follow this or not attend the wedding. I will hold this mandate in the safety letter and make sure guests know if they do not get tested they will not be allowed to come, will not be cleared by the venue to enter (as I’m sure since local health department needs to give approval, venues will need to see the negative results from everyone) start spreading the word as soon as you can so guests know what is expected. My fiancé and I already cut our list to 46 and don’t plan to expand. Everyone on the list is immediate family, parents, siblings, three aunts, grandparents and 5 friends. So we don’t feel well have a problem but we also have no issue making it clear they will not be welcomed if they can’t follow this mandate. Just be firm and spread the word as early as you can.
  • Kawanda
    Savvy June 2021
    Kawanda ·
    • Flag
    That's great news in regards to the amount of guests!! Funny you ask in regards to wording as we certainly will be asking our guests to test as our wedding is in North Carolina and the majority of our guests will be coming from NYC.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics