My hotel is not allowing me to postpone because of the pandemic due to my wedding being on june 13th but my girls aren't able to get their dresses because everything is close I have no clue what to do the hotel is currently closed and I'm not sure when it will be reopen does anyone have any tips
Our wedding is planned for June 13, 2020 as well and while that seems far enough out to not have to postpone - with all the uncertainty and information rapidly changing on a daily basis, I can't help but be overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. I've already had to cancel by bridal shower and am sure my bach is out of the question at this point too.
Here in CA, we have a "Shelter in Place" ordinance in effect through April 19th with the possibility to extend further to May if our situation here does not improve. Our venue has had to cancel and postpone weddings that were planned through April 19th. My heart ACHES for those couples.
Prior to the "Shelter in Place" ordinance taking place, our venue sent us an email stating that if we choose to move our date we will not be charged a "transfer fee" but new dates are subject to new pricing if applicable. If we choose to push to 2021 then we will incur their 2021 pricing which has greatly increased.
We are hoping late April will offer more clarity for the future of 2020. I personally hope that the stringent requirements will help slow the spread and allow us to continue our future weddings as planned.
I had this conversation with someone else the other day, too. Our conclusion was that that timeframe is actually the worst time to have scheduled something for! Because if it was slightly earlier, you could reschedule already and have a plan. And if it was slightly later, you wouldn't be as worried and would still be sticking to your plan. It's really the worst situation because you're right in the middle and stuck in limbo! I have no advice, but I have empathy for you! Good luck!
Well our wedding is May 30th and I would feel a LOT better if it was June 13th right now. That would be a full month after any existing guidelines, and well outside the timeframe of any events that have been currently impacted, other than the Olympics, which has been postponed to 2021. But I agree, right now anyone with weddings from early/mid-May to mid-June are in that "month after any sort of guidance ends" window and also in the time between when most colleges wrap up the semester and most K-12 schools finish the year, and we are currently seeing colleges and K-12 schools shut down and decide that students aren't returning to school which paints a grim picture. May 9-June 13 feels like the biggest uncertainty window. Any many venues/vendors are still trying to make these events happen, which doesn't make it easier for couples to make the "right" decision for them. Oh this sucks for so many brides and grooms. Wishing everyone luck!
Hey Zakia, how can we best help you? Are you hoping to reschedule, or are you hoping to keep your June date? If it's the latter you could always see what your BMs have already that could work - do they already have dresses in your wedding colors that could work together? Or could they all wear something black, which most would likely have in their closets already, that you could add a pashmina or other accessory to in order to bring in your wedding colors? Is there anything that could be ordered from a department store and returned if it doesn't work?
When will the hotel make a decision about June weddings? Have they made that clear?