We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Mariah
Savvy February 2021

Covid-19 Dilemma

Mariah, on June 26, 2020 at 2:35 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 30
Saved Save
Reply

With COVID-19 going on I am unsure about when to book our honeymoon. We're getting married in early February. We live in the northeast and we are thinking about honeymooning in the Florida Keys. With so much uncertainty surrounding the pandemic should we book the honeymoon now or wait?

30 Comments

  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

    I would absolutely wait to book it. there's still plenty of time to book.

    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Thank you for the response. When do you think would be a good time to book a honeymoon?

    • Reply
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag

    We decided not to go on our honeymoon. We're not booking anything until we know for sure that everything is clear. If we have to wait another year then we will. Everything is too uncertain right now and you don't want to throw away that money.

    • Reply
  • Rebelle Fleur
    VIP January 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married in January and I also live in the NorthEast... I’m waiting until the fall to book. Probably mid October.
    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Very true, especially since we're not out of the woods yet and don't have money to throw away either.

    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Devoted June 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    Definitely wait! I would think you should be fine to book in November (maybe even early December-February isn’t around a huge travel time like Christmas or spring break!) and by then I would think there should be a much clearer idea of what things will look like.
    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Thank you for suggesting a time to book it! I feel like it's realistic to wait until November-December to decided.

    • Reply
  • Samantha
    Dedicated April 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

    We cancelled our honeymoon that was planned for September and have yet to rebook. Everything is so up in the air right now we didn't want to have to go through the cancelling process again. I'd definitely wait a few months to book anything, but maybe you can start planning so you have an idea when you go to book? Besides I feel like flights will probably still be on the cheaper side, even a few months out.

    • Reply
  • A
    Super February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    Definitely wait. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Also, some airlines are giving back credit or refunding the full amount, and some are holding the money hostage. It’s been a pain trying to get our money back from one airline.
    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Oh gosh! That's not the first time I heard about that with an airline.

    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    You're so right! It's best to just plan as much as we can right now before we take the plunge and book anything.

    • Reply
  • Virginia
    Expert April 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag
    We’ve rebooked our honeymoon twice already. Been really easy with both airlines and the cruise lines. Everyone is offering zero risk booking so why not?
    • Reply
  • Nefetera
    Rockstar March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    Of course wuth florida high raise of CVIOD 19 I would def wait till at least the end of the year to see where things goes
    • Reply
  • Brittany
    Dedicated March 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

    Hi!

    I live in Florida and the Keys are up and running, we plan on having my bachelorette party there around this time. I would wait to book because atm the keys are in the county with the highest cases of COVID.

    • Reply
  • Rhiamae
    Devoted February 2021
    Rhiamae ·
    • Flag

    I'm getting married Feb. of next year as well and my fiancee and I want to go to Washington DC for our honeymoon, we decided that we weren't going to book anything travel related till early December, or at least until we get a better grasp of the situation. If we can't go to Washington DC, than maybe we'll go to Vegas, idk.

    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    You see that was my initial thought and then I started reconsidering. I don't know, I'm just on the fence.

    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Thank you! That's the actually issue. I was considering the Keys until the rates in Florida kept rising.

    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Thank you for letting me know! It's gorgeous over there! I just feel like it might be too soon to book because of what you just mentioned.

    • Reply
  • Mariah
    Savvy February 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Congrats! I've been to Vegas and it is beautiful weather wise around that time of the year. If we can't do the Keys we'll probably do something locally and then have an actual honeymoon around my birthday in March. Idk we'll make it work lol.

    • Reply
  • A
    Super August 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

    I would not book anything non-refundable. Most hotels have wonderful cancellation polices, so if you wanted to book that you could. I would hold off on flights, excursions, etc.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles