We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Veronica
Expert August 2020

Courthouse wedding q?

Veronica, on March 28, 2020 at 12:22 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 5
Saved Save
Okay for those of you who had to postpone your wedding due to COVID-19 are you still going to get married on your original date at the courthouse? What do you plan to do day of? If you do decide courthouse what do you plan on wearing and would you still have a photographer?

5 Comments

• Monica
    Super October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Courthouse then go out to eat. Wearing a new dress thats all white (I dont have any white dresses that I already own) with some accessories (online window shopping is helping to distract me) Not using written vows at the ceremony and not having a photographer. Will hand my phone/camera to one of my family members.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Our courthouse is mostly shut down and marriages were the first thing they stopped doing.

Last night and today we cleaned our house. Baked cupcakes.
    We plan to get married in our driveway if the rain holds off. Otherwise we will be doing this in our living room.
    I'll be giving the phone to my mom. She can take a couple photos.
    I'll be wearing this outfit with black boots.
    Since all restaurants are closed right now, we may hit up the DQ drive thru for ice cream. Probably make hamburgers or a frozen pizza for dinner.
    Gotta go do my makeup and get dressed before our 1 officiant, 1 MOH, 1 best man, and both sets of parents get here. There's only 9 of us to be in compliance with the CDC recommendations.Courthouse wedding q? 1

Courthouse wedding q? 2Courthouse wedding q? 3

• Maddox
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Maddox ·
    • Flag
    Partner and I (both m) decided to postpone our July wedding and just pay an ordained individual to marry us. Don't know where yet, but we figured it be smarter. We are hoping to plan something for the distant future for our friends and family once this calms down
  • Dana
    Dedicated May 2020
    Dana ·
    • Flag
    Our courthouse is closed until further notice, but we're planning to get married there shortly after if re-opens, whenever that is.
    I'm still planning on wearing my wedding dress. I want to get pictures, hopefully before or after the wedding itself, and our photographer is planning to work with us on that. Then we'll probably have a smaller scale reception/celebration meal with local guests later
  • Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo Online ·
    • Flag

Hey Veronica, is your local courthouse staying open throughout all of this? How are the micro-wedding plans coming? I would definitely have a photographer there with you, it may not be the ceremony you originally envisioned but it will still be your wedding day and you'll hopefully love the memories Smiley heart I've seen some beautiful courthouse wedding photos in my time with WW!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles