Terra
Expert September 2020

Couples getting married on September 8, 2020 in Oklahoma

Terra, on November 21, 2018 at 1:41 PM Posted in Oklahoma Planning 0 5
Saved Save
Hello, date twins! We just got engaged on my birthday last week after six years of dating and decided to keep the same anniversary we've had. What made you decide to get married on a Tuesday?

5 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Oh, how exciting, Terra!! Getting engaged on your birthday and then getting married on your anniversary, so cool!! What made you want to wait until 2020? Why not earlier or later so the day fell on a weekend?

• Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We wanted to keep the same anniversary since we've already been together a fair amount of time. I'm in college to be a teacher and I'll be graduating in Spring 2020. We didn't want to get married until I finished my degree, so that rules out 2019 on a Sunday. Then the next year a Friday rolls around would be 2025, and we don't want to wait that long, so we decided a weekday wedding was fine. It'll save us a ton of money and help keep the guest list manageable. Also, doing it in 2020 means I'll be able to start my teaching career saying "Well, I'm getting married next month so go ahead and call me Mrs. W" instead of changing it up after I've already gotten used to the kids calling me Ms. B.
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

I like the thought process that went into this decision! Especially the teacher last name thing! That's something I always appreciated as a kid, when my teacher's name didn't change halfway through the year! Do you know where you're getting married yet?

• Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Not definitively, but I know where I want to look first! It's a beautiful greenhouse in a park that is very affordable, but I don't want to say that's it until I go see it in person.
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Ooh, that sounds so lovely, Terra!!! Do you have an idea of when you'll be able to see it in person?

Comment on this discussion