We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

M
Savvy October 2021

Couples getting married on September 25, 2021

Marissa, on September 11, 2019 at 9:42 AM Posted in Planning 7 27
Saved Save
I鈥檓 getting married September 25 2021!
Definitely have questions for all of you.
Im having my engagement party November 16th. I already planned my bridal party and plan on telling them at the party , when you know you know right? Even though the wedding is two years away 馃槼

27 Comments

Latest activity by Sandra, on January 14, 2021 at 1:53 PM
  • K
    Savvy September 2020
    Kaitlyn
    • Flag

Yes! I knew right away who I wanted in my wedding. As long as you and FH know exactly who you want involved, then ask away! This also gives them enough time to afford dresses/suits, etc.

• M
    Savvy October 2021
    Marissa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank god someone else agrees with me. I was told to wait awhile to pick my bridal party because you don鈥檛 know who will stick around.
  • K
    Savvy September 2020
    Kaitlyn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

People told me the same thing. But I knew wayyyyy before I was engaged who I wanted in my bridal party. My cousin (MOH) who is like a sister to me, my FH's sister, and my best friend since childhood. This was the easiest decision for me to make and since I had so much time, I wanted them involved in the planning from the beginning. You have a date and that's, in my opinion, all you need to ask them. Smiley smile

• M
    Expert October 2021
    Megan
    • Flag

I know it's a case-by-case basis, but to err on the side of caution, I'd wait until you're about 9-10 months out from the wedding. Working in the wedding industry, I've actually seen a lot of people select their wedding parties early (and tell them all) only to have some relationships deteriorate or change (moving far away which leads to limited contact, a big fight, drifting apart naturally due to life circumstances, etc.) and this causes further issues closer to the wedding, which is the last thing you need.

Even those who are incredibly confident in their relationships (even with their siblings) should wait.

Also, re: affording dresses and shoes--once your bridal party is all set, please ask each person privately what their budget is for those items, take the lowest number, and use that for your overall bridesmaids attire budget (if you're selecting their dresses/styles/etc.)

• Regina
    Just Said Yes December 2022
    Regina
    • Flag
    Holy moly! My engagement party is the same day!!!
  • Erin
    Devoted September 2021
    Erin
    • Flag
    Im planning on asking mine at Christmas! I know some people say to wait but I want to give everyone a chance to be able to save money up for dresses/bachelorette/etc. Plus, 3/5 of my bridesmaids are family and 2 have been my friends for 10+ years so I鈥檓 not worried about it being a mistake in the future. I鈥檓 glad I鈥檓 not the only one asking soon!
  • Ann
    Devoted September 2021
    Ann
    • Flag
    I asked all mine right away, same thing everyone told me to wait but I couldn鈥檛 1. I was too excited 2. I knew the people that I picked wouldn鈥檛 just up and walk out of my life they are staying for goooddd! Haha
  • Caitlin
    Devoted September 2021
    Caitlin
    • Flag
    Wedding twins!!! I'm so happy there's a thread for us (I just now found it...)
    I am so stuck on this issue. Like you I've also been told to wait, but the problem is my FH has more people in mind than me so we need to know the amount of bridesmaids so he can select his groomsmen. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out, being symmetrical doesn't matter all that much to me. I have already asked 3 out of 5, going to ask the other two around Thanksgiving. We'll see what happens in two years.
  • Meghan
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Meghan
    • Flag
    Whooo! 9/25/21!! We鈥檝e already booked the venue, photographer, photobooth and makeup! Can you tell we are excited??
  • Mary
    Beginner September 2021
    Mary
    • Flag
    I say ask away. We are doing no groomsmen, and only my daughter standing with us. As I told my FH it鈥檚 not just the two of us, it鈥檚 her too. This is more of a family wedding not just a wedding.
  • Mary
    Beginner September 2021
    Mary
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Holy crap your on point. I haven鈥檛 even started.
  • Christiana
    Beginner September 2021
    Christiana
    • Flag
    I picked mine right away as well!
  • S
    Dedicated September 2021
    Smitht
    • Flag
    We鈥檙e a 9/25/21 wedding too, can鈥檛 wait! I knew right away who my bridesmaids were going to be since they're all family members. We鈥檙e still planning our groomsmen but we鈥檙e close to narrowing it down. We have our venue, my dress, photographer, about to close on a caterer, and and a florist.

I wanted to get a head start so I could diy most of our decor, I鈥檓 making all the centerpieces, table runners, boutonni猫res and anything else i can think of along the way! 馃檭
  • M
    Savvy September 2021
    Maggy
    • Flag
    Wedding twins 馃槵
  • Katelyn
    Dedicated September 2021
    Katelyn
    • Flag
    Hello 09/25/21 brides! I unfortunately just had to change my date to this one. It sucks but time will go by fast !
  • Lauren
    Lauren
    • Flag
    Same date! I already asked mine bridal party because I couldn鈥檛 wait 馃槀 my fianc茅 has asked all but one of his 7
  • Amanda
    Amanda
    • Flag

Hi wedding twins!! Smiley heart

• Sandra
    Sandra
    • Flag

Hello hello!

Another 9.25.2021 here Smiley smile

I'm having two MOHs and they already know, planning on telling the rest of my bridal party this month. Same for FH's groomsmen.

Hoping to get Save the Dates out in September! It feels a bit early but we are getting married in Europe and I want everyone to have plenty of time to plan and prepare.

Smiley heart

• Faith
    Beginner September 2021
    Faith
    • Flag

Just booked this wedding date! So excited, I want to start everything now. We have booked the venue so I am going to wait until Nov- Jan to start planning other things.

• Justina
    Justina
    • Flag

9/25/2021 me too. Already started booking and already said yes to my dress. We are asking the Bridal party this weekend as we got bridal party proposal stuff. Bottles of wine for the ladies and shot glasses for the groomsmen. They say 2021 is going to be jam packed with weddings because everyone that was supposed to get married this year have postponed until next year so I'm trying to get things done before everything is all booked up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles