We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Reesan
Beginner September 2020

Couples getting married on September 19, 2020

Reesan, on August 1, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Posted in Planning 53

Hey Autumn brides. Apparently great minds think alike. Where are you guys in the planning process. I feel like I'm behind the ball on this one because I losted my venue. So now I'm starting over just to get all my dates to work.
Hey Autumn brides. Apparently great minds think alike. Where are you guys in the planning process. I feel like I'm behind the ball on this one because I losted my venue. So now I'm starting over just to get all my dates to work.

cfb_1251277.jpg

53 Comments

• S
    Dedicated May 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey Queen Cone,

I honestly have no idea what Phase 4 is going to look like. We're having a small wedding, 95 people. Half capacity would be 75. Okay, so 100 people/250 - but with what restrictions? Can there be dancing? Are masks required? How does the seating change?

This is all so unpredictable, I really have no idea where we'll be, unfortunately. To me, there isn't a point in having a large gathering if the activities are restricted so much that you can't have fun.

• Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My original guest list was 95. Im thinking some wont come anyway. if its 50 id be ok with that however my venue doesnt know whether or not that includes their staff. they dont think masks will be required, only encouraged as per CDC guidelines. as long as you social distance should be ok. I am thinking smaller tables or even bigger tables but with empty space in between guests. I think dancing will be ok but maybe not crowded dance floor. im thinking the restriction may be similar to connecticut. cuomos already allowing outdoor graduation of 150 june 26. maybe half capacity indoor and 100 outdoor? who knows
  • Grace
    Savvy April 2021
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Sarah,

We have the same dilemma. My FH and I aren't from NY, we live here in FL and we're unsure of what's going on over there. Our venue though is asking us additional $6500 if we so decide to postpone or reschedule, plus they want the original contract paid in full in order for us to do so. But the thing is our venue won't be there anymore next year (they will be building condos) which they aren't disclosing to us. It sounds really fishy! We found that out from friends who lives there and are also in the events business. Both my FH and I are getting really frustrated over this. I don't know which way to go at this point, to just do it as planned (I don't think we could have 100 guests per our contract). I guess we won't have a choice, we don't want to lose our money we have put in but also, I think our venue should give us some considerable discount because I don't think they are able to adhere with our contract. Best wishes to you as well! I'm praying everything will work out for all of us! Smiley smile

• Sakinna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sakinna ·
    • Flag
    Any updates on the planning process ladies? It’s getting closer!! We have about everything covered. I go for my final dress fitting this month on the 26th!
  • Christina
    Savvy September 2021
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We actually postponed ours til next year now with all of the restrictions.
  • Sakinna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sakinna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Our original date was June 5th and this is our postponement date. I’m sorry you have to wait until next year. We decided to do ours in our backyard with our immediate family. What’s your new date?
  • Christina
    Savvy September 2021
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    9-17-2021 same weekend as before
  • Shamika
    Savvy September 2020
    Shamika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We had to move the venue to my inlaws house and reduced the guest amiunt to roughly 50 adults and the rest kids. So far everything seems to be going smoothly. Its gonna be a DIY wedding, and as Covid friendly as possible.
  • Sakinna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sakinna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Our guest list is smaller too, but I have been enjoying all the DIY and being able to create the exact look I want. Are you all set with your dress?

• Sakinna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sakinna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That’s great! I hope everything goes as planned this time.

• Christina
    Savvy September 2021
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Me too!!!!!!
  • BRIYELL
    Savvy September 2020
    BRIYELL ·
    • Flag

We are still moving forward! We did have 250 ppl on the guest list however due to Covid a lot have people have backed out So I didn't have to do any guest cutting. We are around 150 now and we are doing everything as planned. We adding things due to covid. A lot of hand Sanitizer with cute labels from Amazon to it doesn't look tacky ordered " spread love not Germs". I ordered social distancing jelly bracelets Red=stay 6 feet from me, Yellow = ok to elbow bump and talk, Green = I am ok with a hug. We have measurements down and seating down for the 6 feet apart. It was stressful however after measuring everything out and mapping out everything We are excited. I go for my final Fitting on Friday, Bridal Shower is on Sunday. Wedding is 36 days away! So Excited.

• Sakinna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sakinna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is so exciting!! Good luck and congratulations to us!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇