We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Reesan
Beginner September 2020

Couples getting married on September 19, 2020

Reesan, on August 1, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Posted in Planning 53

Hey Autumn brides. Apparently great minds think alike. Where are you guys in the planning process. I feel like I'm behind the ball on this one because I losted my venue. So now I'm starting over just to get all my dates to work.
Hey Autumn brides. Apparently great minds think alike. Where are you guys in the planning process. I feel like I'm behind the ball on this one because I losted my venue. So now I'm starting over just to get all my dates to work.

cfb_1251277.jpg

53 Comments

• Alexandra
    Savvy September 2020
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

Date Twins!

I have almost everything booked and bought my dress last weekend.

I have to give my deposit for hair salon in a couple weeks and plan for tastings and all that. I'm currently playing with invites now because they are on sale for black Friday. Our engagement shoot is December 15th, when I get my pictures back we will send out our save the dates.

9.19.20 will actually be our 14 year anniversary and I can't wait!!

• BRIYELL
    Savvy September 2020
    BRIYELL ·
    • Flag

Date twins! I feel like I am way behind. I have booked and paid deposits for, ceremony and reception place, Hair, Makeup, DJ, and cant seem to find a caterer in my price range so I am doing it myself with some friends. I ordered envelopes for my invitations to go in but no invitations.... lol and no dresses, flowers, cake or decorations yet just a theme. OH MY SO MUCH TO DO .....

• Beginner September 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    Anyone having an outdoor ceremony in Wisconsin? If so are you renting a tent in case it rains?
  • Shamika
    Savvy September 2020
    Shamika ·
    • Flag

I just got my dress and venue, now I have to do all the actual planning. Probably very behind, although I have a general idea of the things that I want. Gonna be a bit tricky since the venue is a friends Cabin on 17 acres of land in Tahoe, so EVERYTHING needs to be ordered and done.

• Kristin
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    I’m amazed at how many couples are getting married on the same date!! Our wedding will be a pagan handfasting outdoors in beautiful CO. So far we only have the venue, officiator (grooms dad), photographer, my dress and his suit. Not doing save the date notices (already announced the date last August when he proposed), but we’ll be sending out invitations in June. So much planning but I think it’s all gonna turn out lovely! Good luck y’all!
  • Theresa
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Theresa ·
    • Flag
    Hi all!
    Did you all get your invitations done yet?
    Thank you! ❤️
  • Darien
    Beginner September 2021
    Darien ·
    • Flag
    Omg same!! I just lost my venue too and had to secure another one on Tuesday but honestly it worked out because the second venue is waayyy better! So behind on everything though just secured my photographer and still haven’t decided on a DJ talk about stress!! What a time to. S trying to come up with these big down payments with all this craziness going on and my job is non essential so I’m not working and my fiancé is solely supporting us and funding our wedding I don’t know how we are doing it!!
  • Darien
    Beginner September 2021
    Darien ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Invitations?? I havnt even sent out the save the dates yet!! Although like I said my venue fell through recently and I was busy trying to secure that then the photographer now the DJ..I have my caterer, my dress, and bridesmaids dresses all taken care of so I’m not doing too bad but I definitely need a massage my back is tight! Lol
  • BRIYELL
    Savvy September 2020
    BRIYELL ·
    • Flag
    Is anyone stressing about our date being in the fall? Everything here is being pushed back for events that are held in June. I really dont want to stress but I overthink everything.
  • Beginner September 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m trying to think positive and stay hopeful for my September wedding date. This too shall pass
  • Ava
    Beginner September 2020
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    Hey there 9/19 brides! Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Who is discussing postponing due to COVID? We’re not sure what to do.., I already have my invitations printed... I’m trying to stay positive but I don’t know if I should keep planning. I don’t want to wear a mask on my wedding day!!! But seriously- I know spring and summer brides are postponing but what about fall weddings??? What are you all thinking?
  • Christine
    Expert August 2021
    Christine ·
    • Flag

I think we're going to decide in late June or early July whether we have to postpone. I'm trying to stay optimistic for now, but more than half of our guests would be traveling from out of state so I'm definitely nervous.

• Grace
    Savvy April 2021
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We both live in Florida and our wedding is going to be in NY. We're also going to wait around June or July to have to postpone or cancel it overall. All my bridesmaids and majority of our guests are going to be traveling from different states and some international too. We're thinking maybe keeping our date and just get married at the courthouse where we live and just have a celebration in NY later down the road when we can actually party and have fun! But same here, staying optimistic and trying not to overthink about it too much!

• Lauren
    Beginner September 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m in NY and starting to get nervous - mostly because people keep saying things like “you must be so stressed right now” so now I feel like I have to. My venue is a NYS park so it all rides on what the governor says is allowed...
  • Ava
    Beginner September 2020
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are in NY. We just postponed for a year. We were planning an outdoor wedding upstate but even if things improve we don’t want our guests to be wearing masks and fearful. It’s really heartbreaking but we’d rather wait and have the wedding we dreamed of.
  • Grace
    Savvy April 2021
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My fiancé and I are getting really nervous right now since we just recently heard our venue is closing down next year and no long booking anymore (property is getting sold and they will be building condos). The horrible part is the venue isn’t the ones we heard this news from and my future sister-in-law tried to call them like she was booking for next year and said they aren’t because they will be doing renovations. I also had my friend call them and said the same thing and then my friend goes “renovations? The place is beautiful?” The person she was talking to started to get agitated with her! Now, if they aren’t booking anymore for next year because we are definitely thinking of postponing our wedding to next year, they really should just give our money back! There are already a lot going on in the world right now and all we want is for our venue people to be honest to what’s really going on and give us some respect! My fiancé and I are both “frontliners” and our wedding should be the last thing we should be worrying about!
  • T
    Dedicated April 2021
    Tracy ·
    • Flag
    I have a rather weird question here, but it'll take a moment.. As our original wedding date was set for May 18, then was moved to September 19, I've been staring at boxes of wedding supplies for months, now, and that's dangerous for me. If I'm going out on a date with my fiance, and we suddenly have extra time to get ready.. I usually end up overdoing it. Five more minutes? Change my outfit and add another coat of mascara. Now, I'm seeing all these fantastic wedding ideas from everyone here (and, I'll be honest, Pinterest!) and I'm rethinking practically everything at our reception (except for the venue, food & photographer).
    Had anyone else out there had to move your date, and then started going crazy, overthinking all their planned details?
  • Kimberly_Gomez
    Savvy March 2021
    Kimberly_Gomez ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Our date is still set to be for Sept 19th. I have been changing stuff like my look for the wedding and all because I keep looking at Pinterest. I’m right with you girl
  • S
    Dedicated May 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey, fellow September 19th, NY Bride. My FH and I are waiting until July (8 wks) to send out invitations, as NYC will begin Phase 2 on 6/22. Our venue is in Phase 4, so either it will be happening on that day (we can't afford to take a 50% hit to reschedule) or it won't be open, and they'll reschedule us without penalty. Do you know what Phase your venue is in? Best of luck, and I hope everything works out, for all of us.

• Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi sarah! im the day before you in Ny (mid hudson region). any prediction on phase 4 ?? connecticut is already allowing 100 people outdoor gatherings. increase to 250 mid july

You voted for . Add a comment 👇