Skip to main content
A
Beginner September 2020

Couples getting married on May 16, 2020

Aujahuna, on August 7, 2019 at 10:37 AM Posted in Planning 6 59
Saved
Hey y’all! We’re date twins, lol! Just out of curiosity— how much of your wedding do you have planned already? What things are already official, and confirmed?

Thank y’all!

59 Comments

Latest activity by SierraToBeMull, on April 10, 2020 at 2:26 PM
  • Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

So I'm not getting married then, but my friend is. She has her date and venue booked, as well as the place they're staying (the wedding is at a state park, so they booked a big cabin). They also booked a coordinator, and are starting to slowly look into things like caterers and photographers.

• Colleen
    Dedicated May 2020
    Colleen ·
    • Flag
    I am getting married the Sunday of that weekend. We have our venue, church (and marriage prep - pre Cana), photographer, florist, and I’m picking up my dress this week.

We have the hotel chosen i just have to have to set up the block.

Entertainment is my next big item that I am going to look into more this week
  • Leah
    Savvy May 2021
    Leah ·
    • Flag

May 16th, 2020 here too! I have almost all my vendors (flowers, venue/caterer, wedding planner, photogropher, DJ, etc) booked. Just got hair and makeup booked this week and finalizing our cheesecake vendor that we are doing for desserts this week too. Only need to get a cake baker to do our simple one tier cutting cake booked.

Got my dress and it's in my hands (really at a bridesmaids house so FH doesn't peak), bridesmaids dresses picked out with 2 out of 3 in hand. Also have all my accessories (veil, jewelry and shoes) purchased. Wedding rings for me and partner are purchased and in hand as well.

Pretty much just starting to do some of the details like rehearsal dinner, hotel room night of, grooms attire, and honeymoon.

I started planning back late 2018 so I have had plenty of time which is why I have so much done. I really want 2020 to just be some small details like getting everything that is RSVP related done and that is it. I don't want to stress out with planning as the wedding approaches, and FH gets super over planning after doing just a few things, so the more I do now the better.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Aujahuna! How are you finding planning your wedding? Have you booked your venue already? What style of wedding are you planning?

• Rachael
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    Hello! For me, I have sent out my save the dates (a little early) and have secured the venue and the catering. And yesterday I printed out my wedding invitations, just so they are done and I have them ready
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag

I have the venue photographer caterer and dj all booked. The photographer and the dj are friends of mine so that made it easier.

• A
    Beginner September 2020
    Aujahuna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey Sinéad, it going well! I love event planning so this isn’t adding any kind of stress to my life. I have my venue booked already. It’s at Factory Atlanta (super cute) an industrial venue. All white— they let you make it completely yours. It comes with 300 chiavari chairs (thank GOD), any linens (they used to be a linen factory), A LOT of tables (even Farm house tables), complimentary valet for guest, security, set up/break down crew, groom and bride suite, any decorations from big to small, lights, and 12 hour rental. Depending on the day before you can set up then. Anything you can think of it’s already included in my package. (All of that is in my package), the best part is—- it’s not even $7k. So!

Things that I have set in stone are:
    -Bridal Party
    -Venue (Factory Atlanta)
    -Officiant (My 2nd mom/middle school teacher/boss)
    -Dress (Mom bought)
    -Caterer (Aunt)
    -Florist (Family Friend)
    -Volunteers (Baby sifters/Ushers)
    -DJ (Uncle)
    -Dessert Table Caterer (Bestfriend’s Mom)

• D
    Beginner May 2020
    Diane ·
    • Flag
    My daughter is getting married on 5/16/2020. She picked this date because it is her grandfather's 89th birthday and he is walking her down the aisle And it is her soon to be father in law's birthday as well! So far she has venue picked out, caterer, DJ, photographer, centerpieces made, bridesmaids' and groomsmens flowers and boutineers, dress, shoes. Today she is meeting with a beautician to figure out how she wants her hair. She lives out of state so she has come up to PA this summer several times to get some of this done.
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

WOW!! Your venue sounds like an absolute dream!! You got amazing value for all that is included!! 😊

You seem really on top of your planning!!

What is the next task that you are hoping to check off your to-do list?

• Just Said Yes May 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    Hello! We are having a DW in Florida. We are not having a wedding party, so far I have a planner the venue, colors, flowers. Best Wishes to you all
  • A
    Beginner September 2020
    Aujahuna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Cool!! I know it will be a lot of fun in that cabin.
  • A
    Beginner September 2020
    Aujahuna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Honestly— I’m just trying to make sure it’s a party! So finding some cool entertainment or coming up with something to make the night more exciting. We’re party people and that’s what we want our wedding to be. As soon as we say “I do” it’s go time!
  • A
    Beginner September 2020
    Aujahuna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Congratulations to your daughter! I love that her dates have a significant meaning behind them. It makes it even more special! 💙 Seems like she has a good amount of things done. And she’s in a another state!! Awesome!
  • A
    Beginner September 2020
    Aujahuna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes ma’am!! You have all of the most important things knocked out. Congratulations to you!!
  • A
    Beginner September 2020
    Aujahuna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I can tell you’re super excited! Lol. It’s better to be early than late. I’m still trying to figure out these things. Where did you make your invitations and save the date cards? Congratulations to you!!
  • A
    Beginner September 2020
    Aujahuna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love it!! You’ve gotten a lot done. That’s going to be a breeze leading up to your wedding. I so love that you’re having cheesecake! We’re probably not going to do a traditional cake either, so I def understand. Congratulations to you!!
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds like so much fun!! Your guests are going to have a blast!!

• Rachael
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hello! I got my save the dates from supersnaps.
    com.. they look like mini polaroids! (: and my wessimg invitations I found at hobby lobby! They were on sale, I paid $8.00 for 100 invitations!
  • D
    Beginner May 2020
    Diane ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. Good luck in planning your wedding. It is a stressful time but very exciting time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics